- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
By most accounts, Lady Gaga‘s Super Bowl halftime show was the inclusive, non-controversial pop spectacle our divided country needed. But conservative conspiracy theorist Alex Jones saw right through the wall of diverse dancers and the welcoming message of “Born This Way” to the real truth: The halftime show was a Satanist ritual foisted upon us by the Illuminati. Sure. Of course.
[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/AlexanderEmerickJones/videos/10155037527993459/ video embed.]
It’s not clear what he means by “admittedly,” because Pizzagate is a ridiculous hoax that Lady Gaga hasn’t publicly commented on, but let’s see where he’s going with this.
“She wears meat suits and does all these rituals—Madonna does it too—and the organizers of the Super Bowl are deciding to defile America and break our will by having us bow down to this.”
Jones claims the implicit message of Gaga’s performance, particularly her use of drones, was “I am the goddess of Satan, ruling over you with the rise of the robots, in a ritual of lesser magic.”
That’s weird, because the explicit message of the performance, the one Gaga literally sang, was “Rejoice and love yourself today /’Cause baby you were born this way.”
Definitely a narrative of political domination from the New World Order. No doubt about it.
The real Illuminati conspiracy that needs investigating is how the Patriots managed to come back from a 25-point deficit to win the Super Bowl. Do you think it’s a coincidence that Tom Brady‘s magical performance occurred entirely after Lady Gaga’s halftime “ritual”? Commissioner Goodell, please look into this.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.