- Privacy group files complaints against Netlifx, Spotify for GDPR violations 2 Years Ago
- Bikini Kill reunion show sale proves the internet is still hell for live music fans 2 Years Ago
- Teen’s photo of Nazi-themed school-dance invite goes viral 2 Years Ago
- Ben Shapiro comes out as pro-baby Hitler in March for Life message 2 Years Ago
- Facebook staffers caught writing 5-star Amazon reviews for Portal speaker 2 Years Ago
- R. Kelly supporters are using #FirstThem to protect him Today 1:55 PM
- Lin-Manuel Miranda tweets his disappointment about Trump and Puerto Rico Today 1:28 PM
- YouTuber Simone Giertz reveals her brain tumor has returned Today 1:07 PM
- ‘Conversations With a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes’ feels like a bad one-man show Today 12:37 PM
- Post-cataclysmic sci-fi flick ‘IO’ fails to stand out in its saturated genre Today 12:30 PM
- Trump peddles right-wing ‘prayer rug’ conspiracy Today 11:29 AM
- Summit1G reportedly overtakes Ninja as king of Twitch subscribers Today 11:18 AM
- FCC’s request to postpone net neutrality case denied by federal court Today 11:02 AM
- School employee investigated for yelling, ‘Build the wall,’ at picketing teachers Today 10:50 AM
- Netflix announces staggering viewership for ‘You’—but many are skeptical Today 10:50 AM
Cool new conspiracy theory: Lady Gaga’s Super Bowl halftime show was a Satanic ritual
Alex Jones has it all figured out.
By most accounts, Lady Gaga‘s Super Bowl halftime show was the inclusive, non-controversial pop spectacle our divided country needed. But conservative conspiracy theorist Alex Jones saw right through the wall of diverse dancers and the welcoming message of “Born This Way” to the real truth: The halftime show was a Satanist ritual foisted upon us by the Illuminati. Sure. Of course.
[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/AlexanderEmerickJones/videos/10155037527993459/ video embed.]
It’s not clear what he means by “admittedly,” because Pizzagate is a ridiculous hoax that Lady Gaga hasn’t publicly commented on, but let’s see where he’s going with this.
“She wears meat suits and does all these rituals—Madonna does it too—and the organizers of the Super Bowl are deciding to defile America and break our will by having us bow down to this.”
Jones claims the implicit message of Gaga’s performance, particularly her use of drones, was “I am the goddess of Satan, ruling over you with the rise of the robots, in a ritual of lesser magic.”
That’s weird, because the explicit message of the performance, the one Gaga literally sang, was “Rejoice and love yourself today /’Cause baby you were born this way.”
Definitely a narrative of political domination from the New World Order. No doubt about it.
The real Illuminati conspiracy that needs investigating is how the Patriots managed to come back from a 25-point deficit to win the Super Bowl. Do you think it’s a coincidence that Tom Brady‘s magical performance occurred entirely after Lady Gaga’s halftime “ritual”? Commissioner Goodell, please look into this.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.