- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Today 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Today 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- Vidgo provides competitive streaming options in both English and Spanish Saturday 3:34 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
- How to watch ‘American Idol’ season 18 Saturday 2:00 PM
- James Blake defends girlfriend Jameela Jamil amid allegations she’s faking her illnesses Saturday 1:46 PM
- Viral video purports to show doctors with guns amid coronavirus outbreak Saturday 1:07 PM
- Russian YouTubers pretend to be Greta Thunberg, share alleged prank call with Bernie Sanders Saturday 11:07 AM
- TikTok teens are shaving off their eyebrows to ‘look like’ Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid Saturday 10:25 AM
- Wendy’s fires employees over viral TikTok sink bath Saturday 9:05 AM
- This dentist wants to know who left him a negative review online Friday 8:16 PM
- Rashida Tlaib detained during protests over airline work conditions Friday 6:51 PM
By most accounts, Lady Gaga‘s Super Bowl halftime show was the inclusive, non-controversial pop spectacle our divided country needed. But conservative conspiracy theorist Alex Jones saw right through the wall of diverse dancers and the welcoming message of “Born This Way” to the real truth: The halftime show was a Satanist ritual foisted upon us by the Illuminati. Sure. Of course.
[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/AlexanderEmerickJones/videos/10155037527993459/ video embed.]
It’s not clear what he means by “admittedly,” because Pizzagate is a ridiculous hoax that Lady Gaga hasn’t publicly commented on, but let’s see where he’s going with this.
“She wears meat suits and does all these rituals—Madonna does it too—and the organizers of the Super Bowl are deciding to defile America and break our will by having us bow down to this.”
Jones claims the implicit message of Gaga’s performance, particularly her use of drones, was “I am the goddess of Satan, ruling over you with the rise of the robots, in a ritual of lesser magic.”
That’s weird, because the explicit message of the performance, the one Gaga literally sang, was “Rejoice and love yourself today /’Cause baby you were born this way.”
Definitely a narrative of political domination from the New World Order. No doubt about it.
The real Illuminati conspiracy that needs investigating is how the Patriots managed to come back from a 25-point deficit to win the Super Bowl. Do you think it’s a coincidence that Tom Brady‘s magical performance occurred entirely after Lady Gaga’s halftime “ritual”? Commissioner Goodell, please look into this.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.