- ‘Snoopy in Space’ is a delightful kids show that parents will love too 3 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Lady and the Tramp’ 3 Years Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Let It Snow’ delivers a stocking full of rom-com coal 3 Years Ago
- Student allegedly posted roommate’s ‘missing’ flyer on Instagram before being charged with her murder Monday 11:45 PM
- Reddit AITA: Man verbally abused partner through cat impersonations Monday 7:18 PM
- Facebook finally lets you kill distracting navigation bar notifications Monday 6:14 PM
- Artist says Thinx underwear campaign ripped off their memes (updated) Monday 5:48 PM
- Google reportedly gathering millions of Americans’ personal health records Monday 5:00 PM
- Trina goes off on Walmart shopper who allegedly called her the ‘N-word’ Monday 4:14 PM
- Bored of Helvetica? iOS users finally have some new font options Monday 4:00 PM
- Amid panic, YouTube says new terms of service won’t impact creators Monday 3:56 PM
- Opposing sides fight to control online narrative over Bolivian ‘coup’ Monday 3:50 PM
- How to sign up for the Disney+ bundle Monday 3:35 PM
- Instagram covers video costs for celebs who don’t get political Monday 3:30 PM
- T.I.’s daughter apparently unfollowed her dad on Instagram after hymen comment Monday 3:26 PM
Y’all, it is Friday afternoon, and we have had a long-ass week. Maybe you’re exhausted by the news and you don’t have the energy to be outraged or excited about anything else, or maybe you’re saving all your strength for summoning spells this weekend. Maybe you’ve spent the past two days glued to a livestream of a pregnant giraffe; I don’t judge.
You’re confused. You’re tired. But if there’s one thing most mammals can muster up the energy to care about, it’s butts.
It’s very on brand for Trudeau, who has been praised in recent weeks for everything from his side-eye game to his kindness to his connection with constituents and who is a near-constant headline with his general attractiveness. Of course, he should also have a perfect booty and exceptionally well-tailored pants. Of course.
To those who would discourage the objectification of a world leader, I say: 1) Fair point. Judging people solely by their appearances is petty and unkind, and reducing someone to their physical traits is unfair to their other, less physical, positive contributions to society. So it’s worth acknowledging that Trudeau has many of those, from his stance on gender equality to his standing up for the truth and his views on inclusion.
But 2) it’s even not the first time an executive derriere has become headline news this year. A particularly unflattering shot of Donald Trump’s backside swept the internet last month, swiftly becoming a meme. And of course, others have surfaced since then.
Besides, at least one female world leader is still being judged for her appearance almost two decades after her death, so:
Fuck it; bring on the butts.
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.