- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 3 Years Ago
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
Y’all, it is Friday afternoon, and we have had a long-ass week. Maybe you’re exhausted by the news and you don’t have the energy to be outraged or excited about anything else, or maybe you’re saving all your strength for summoning spells this weekend. Maybe you’ve spent the past two days glued to a livestream of a pregnant giraffe; I don’t judge.
You’re confused. You’re tired. But if there’s one thing most mammals can muster up the energy to care about, it’s butts.
It’s very on brand for Trudeau, who has been praised in recent weeks for everything from his side-eye game to his kindness to his connection with constituents and who is a near-constant headline with his general attractiveness. Of course, he should also have a perfect booty and exceptionally well-tailored pants. Of course.
To those who would discourage the objectification of a world leader, I say: 1) Fair point. Judging people solely by their appearances is petty and unkind, and reducing someone to their physical traits is unfair to their other, less physical, positive contributions to society. So it’s worth acknowledging that Trudeau has many of those, from his stance on gender equality to his standing up for the truth and his views on inclusion.
But 2) it’s even not the first time an executive derriere has become headline news this year. A particularly unflattering shot of Donald Trump’s backside swept the internet last month, swiftly becoming a meme. And of course, others have surfaced since then.
Besides, at least one female world leader is still being judged for her appearance almost two decades after her death, so:
Fuck it; bring on the butts.
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.