- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Monday 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Monday 8:16 AM
Y’all, it is Friday afternoon, and we have had a long-ass week. Maybe you’re exhausted by the news and you don’t have the energy to be outraged or excited about anything else, or maybe you’re saving all your strength for summoning spells this weekend. Maybe you’ve spent the past two days glued to a livestream of a pregnant giraffe; I don’t judge.
You’re confused. You’re tired. But if there’s one thing most mammals can muster up the energy to care about, it’s butts.
It’s very on brand for Trudeau, who has been praised in recent weeks for everything from his side-eye game to his kindness to his connection with constituents and who is a near-constant headline with his general attractiveness. Of course, he should also have a perfect booty and exceptionally well-tailored pants. Of course.
To those who would discourage the objectification of a world leader, I say: 1) Fair point. Judging people solely by their appearances is petty and unkind, and reducing someone to their physical traits is unfair to their other, less physical, positive contributions to society. So it’s worth acknowledging that Trudeau has many of those, from his stance on gender equality to his standing up for the truth and his views on inclusion.
But 2) it’s even not the first time an executive derriere has become headline news this year. A particularly unflattering shot of Donald Trump’s backside swept the internet last month, swiftly becoming a meme. And of course, others have surfaced since then.
Besides, at least one female world leader is still being judged for her appearance almost two decades after her death, so:
Fuck it; bring on the butts.
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.