- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Saturday 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Saturday 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Saturday 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Saturday 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Saturday 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Saturday 6:30 AM
Although it is always news when a president meets with a visiting foreign dignitary for the first time, President Donald Trump’s initial official visits with other leaders have garnered a great deal of coverage.
Perhaps it is because everyone is cautiously concerned about how our unpredictable new president will handle these delicate meetings. But also perhaps it is because these are so ripe for potential memes.
In his meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinz? Abe, Trump’s greeting went on … how do you say … a little too long.
Today, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau went to Washington, and all eyes were on the internet’s favorite slay keyng/relationship goals/my boyfriend head of state to see how he would handle Trump.
He did not disappoint.
While it was just a candid snap that doesn’t accurately represent anything, the internet was quick to ignore that and assume Trudeau had just dropped a major shade bomb on the U.S. president.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]