- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca 3 Years Ago
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds 3 Years Ago
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot 3 Years Ago
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Today 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Today 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Today 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Today 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Today 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Today 10:52 AM
- Would Hitler be allowed to tweet? Today 10:21 AM
- Twitch star Amouranth caught driving while streaming Today 9:26 AM
- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle Today 9:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia Today 9:00 AM
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man Today 8:42 AM
White House photos reveal Ivanka’s thirst for Canadian PM
It’s doubtful Ivanka is looking to leave Jared, but who wouldn’t for Justin Trudeau?
There are certain American allegiances that were once considered unshakable: Great Britain, Australia, Canada.
But, of course, with President Trump in office, nothing is safe. Everyone was shaken after news of a rocky phone call with our Aussie friends, and now, people (OK, me) are worried a modern day Illiad is about to unfold before our very eyes.
Just… hear me out.
Homer’s Bronze Age epic tells the story of Helen of Troy, the blonde daughter of Zeus, considered the most beautiful woman in the world, who married Menelaus, the King of Mycenae.
But then Menelaus and Helen had Paris of Troy and his brother Hector visit the Peloponnese, and Helen fell for Paris. He absconded with her, fleeing back to his walled city across the Aegean Sea.
Helen is known as the face that launched 10,000 ships, and her kidnapping at the hands of Paris brought on the Trojan War. Menelaus recruited Agamemnon and Achilles to sail to her rescue, the start of a brutal siege that concluded 10 years later.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visited the White House this week.
Look, I’m not saying Trudeau is going to take off with Ivanka, and Kushner is going to order the entire American military to lay siege to Canada. But, like, history repeats itself, man.
History repeats itself.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]