- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban 2 Years Ago
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream 2 Years Ago
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias 2 Years Ago
- Instagram artist accused of faking her paintings says they’re ‘100%’ real Today 11:33 AM
- Trump refuses to apologize for Central Park Five death penalty ads Today 11:08 AM
- While Rubio smiles at Trump’s campaign rally, the internet drags him Today 11:04 AM
- Dr Disrespect is still banned from Twitch. When will he be back? Today 10:36 AM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ is returning to theaters with new material Today 10:18 AM
- House fails to pass amendment curbing government surveillance Today 10:12 AM
- What happened when Ed Krassenstein crashed the Chapo Trap House subreddit Today 9:21 AM
- Andrew Yang comes out as pro-Bird Scooters Today 8:59 AM
- Netflix claims Adam Sandler’s ‘Murder Mystery’ broke viewing records Today 8:09 AM
- How to watch ‘Yellowstone’ online for free Today 8:00 AM
- How online allies joined a trans artist’s street art war Today 7:30 AM
- These edited videos show the dark side of your favorite cartoons Today 7:00 AM
Everyone wants Chris Pratt’s FBI agent from ‘Parks & Rec’ to replace James Comey
This probably shouldn’t happen.
With a reality TV star in the White House, a pro wrestler angling for a 2024 bid, and everyone from Oprah to Papa John being put out as a potential candidate, who even cares about the integrity of any of our institutions?
Let’s have a damn fictional character from a TV show head up the FBI. Put Judge Joe Brown on the Supreme Court. Let’s have the Weekend Update people be press secretaries and put the horse that won the Triple Crown in charge of the Department of Agriculture. Have a celebrity chef run our school lunch policy (Ed. Note: This has already been done and failed miserably). Make Michael Phelps head of the Navy, and whatever, fuck it, put like seven rocks as the head of Treasury.
But not any old rocks, those fancy rocks. I think they’re called geodes.
Everyone on Twitter joked that Chris Pratt should head the FBI. (Not Chris Pratt himself, not even a fictional character Chris Pratt played, but a fictional character of a fictional character he played.)
And Chris Pratt was like “I’ll do it.”
He’ll do it.
Just lemme know pic.twitter.com/KQEqH8aGrX
— chris pratt (@prattprattpratt) May 10, 2017
LOL HA HA HA.
WHY STOP THERE??
LET’S PUT STAR-LORD IN CHARGE OF NASA AND OWEN GRADY CAN RUN THE PARKS DEPARTMENT AND THAT NAVY SEAL HE PLAYED IN ZERO DARK THIRTY CAN STAFF JSOC.
Let’s put Bert Macklin in charge of the FBI, smdh.
I vote no.
I swear am I the only one still sane in this country? The FBI should be run by Clarice Starling.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]