- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Friday 12:31 PM
With a reality TV star in the White House, a pro wrestler angling for a 2024 bid, and everyone from Oprah to Papa John being put out as a potential candidate, who even cares about the integrity of any of our institutions?
Let’s have a damn fictional character from a TV show head up the FBI. Put Judge Joe Brown on the Supreme Court. Let’s have the Weekend Update people be press secretaries and put the horse that won the Triple Crown in charge of the Department of Agriculture. Have a celebrity chef run our school lunch policy (Ed. Note: This has already been done and failed miserably). Make Michael Phelps head of the Navy, and whatever, fuck it, put like seven rocks as the head of Treasury.
But not any old rocks, those fancy rocks. I think they’re called geodes.
Everyone on Twitter joked that Chris Pratt should head the FBI. (Not Chris Pratt himself, not even a fictional character Chris Pratt played, but a fictional character of a fictional character he played.)
And Chris Pratt was like “I’ll do it.”
He’ll do it.
Just lemme know pic.twitter.com/KQEqH8aGrX— chris pratt (@prattprattpratt) May 10, 2017
LOL HA HA HA.
WHY STOP THERE??
LET’S PUT STAR-LORD IN CHARGE OF NASA AND OWEN GRADY CAN RUN THE PARKS DEPARTMENT AND THAT NAVY SEAL HE PLAYED IN ZERO DARK THIRTY CAN STAFF JSOC.
Let’s put Bert Macklin in charge of the FBI, smdh.
I vote no.
I swear am I the only one still sane in this country? The FBI should be run by Clarice Starling.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]