- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
Hilarious meme asks: ‘Would you still love me if I didn’t have skin?’
There are all kinds of ways to measure love, but perhaps this is the greatest test of all: Would you still love your significant other if they didn’t have any skin? When Twitter user @niall_gee apparently said “no,” it led to a domestic squabble.
I cannot believe I just had an argument with my girlfriend bc I said I wouldn’t fancy her if she didn’t have any skin— Niall Griffin (@niall_gee) January 27, 2019
The hypothetical conundrum is weird, for sure, and even calls to mind an infamous SpongeBob quote about having “glass bones and paper skin.” But many folks inspired by @niall_gee have asked their partners if they would stay loyal even if they did not have skin. (@niall_gee did not immediately respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment.)
Some are arguing the deathly serious logistics of the very silly question.
I asked my fiancé this same question.. this is how it went down.. pic.twitter.com/Y9jgBaRxZ5— catt (@Catherinelc94) January 28, 2019
Oh....my goodness pic.twitter.com/q73LQxSamS— Andjela (@andjvitosevic97) January 28, 2019
Some Twitter users noted that an example of what a skinless human looks like can be found in the anime staple Attack on Titan. The mascot antagonist of the series, the Colossal Titan, defies basic anatomy and exists without skin. Confronted with this situation, it appears that many people would be willing to work through it.
Bf's looking at there gf's every morning with no skin pic.twitter.com/82Wp1t0YsJ— Matt Marvel (@Matt_FindlayMMA) January 28, 2019
Perhaps the question is just as petty as getting upset with a partner for something they did in a dream. But if they won’t stick around after you become a nightmarish body horror ghoul, is it really true love?
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.