- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Donald Trump posted a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
- ‘Jailbirds’ prioritizes petty drama over insight Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to live stream Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk on DAZN Saturday 6:00 AM
- Kim Kardashian West reveals her and Kanye’s 4th child is named Psalm Friday 6:38 PM
- Tan France and Alexa Chung are hosting Netflix’s first fashion show Friday 5:42 PM
- Nonprofit groups express concern with pop-up abortion networks Friday 5:06 PM
- Pet owners mourn Grumpy Cat with photos of their own grumpy pets Friday 4:41 PM
Hilarious meme asks: ‘Would you still love me if I didn’t have skin?’
There are all kinds of ways to measure love, but perhaps this is the greatest test of all: Would you still love your significant other if they didn’t have any skin? When Twitter user @niall_gee apparently said “no,” it led to a domestic squabble.
I cannot believe I just had an argument with my girlfriend bc I said I wouldn’t fancy her if she didn’t have any skin
— Niall Griffin (@niall_gee) January 27, 2019
The hypothetical conundrum is weird, for sure, and even calls to mind an infamous SpongeBob quote about having “glass bones and paper skin.” But many folks inspired by @niall_gee have asked their partners if they would stay loyal even if they did not have skin. (@niall_gee did not immediately respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment.)
Some are arguing the deathly serious logistics of the very silly question.
I asked my fiancé this same question.. this is how it went down.. pic.twitter.com/Y9jgBaRxZ5
— catt (@Catherinelc94) January 28, 2019
Oh….my goodness pic.twitter.com/q73LQxSamS
— Andjela (@andjvitosevic97) January 28, 2019
Some Twitter users noted that an example of what a skinless human looks like can be found in the anime staple Attack on Titan. The mascot antagonist of the series, the Colossal Titan, defies basic anatomy and exists without skin. Confronted with this situation, it appears that many people would be willing to work through it.
Bf's looking at there gf's every morning with no skin pic.twitter.com/82Wp1t0YsJ
— Matt Marvel (@Matt_FindlayMMA) January 28, 2019
Perhaps the question is just as petty as getting upset with a partner for something they did in a dream. But if they won’t stick around after you become a nightmarish body horror ghoul, is it really true love?
— Ja¢ (@Juicy__Jac) January 28, 2019
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.