- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Saturday 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Saturday 5:30 AM
Meme mocks J.K. Rowling for offering too many ‘Harry Potter’ details
Why, J.K. Rowling, why?
Author J.K. Rowling is best known for creating the Harry Potter series. But she’s also known on Twitter for constantly revealing extra details about the series that no one asked her for.
This isn’t a new trend. She’s been giving us random details for years. In 2015, she tweeted, unprompted “Snape is all grey. You can’t make him a saint: he was vindictive & bullying. You can’t make him a devil: he died to save the wizarding world.”
Snape is all grey. You can't make him a saint: he was vindictive & bullying. You can't make him a devil: he died to save the wizarding world
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) November 27, 2015
As recently as 2018, she confirmed a fan theory that there was a passage that was included in the Goblet of Fire to teach readers how to pronounce Hermione’s name.
Theory correct. https://t.co/Q46h56ljuU
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) September 18, 2018
Fans have noticed this trend throughout the years and are poking fun at the author for her unsolicited Harry Potter details with a meme. It starts with “no one” speaking. Then, J.K. Rowling chimes in with a random (fake) fact about Harry Potter. The meme format is hilarious for those who love Harry Potter. And even for those who don’t.
jk rowling: the sorting hat’s penis rests on ur forehead when u wear it
— almonds (@twoalmonds) January 21, 2019
jk rowling: dobby shot xxxtentacion
— e҉ (@notlipglosse) January 27, 2019
JK Rowling: Dobby has a 10 inch cock
— fraser (@iNabberTV) January 25, 2019
JK rowling: draco is pro-choice
— E²man (@plusyoureugly) January 28, 2019
jk rowling: severus snape was actually trans but it was never mentioned in the books because it wasn’t relevant to harry’s story. also cedric diggory was bi and cho chang was asexual. remus lupin was jewish and
— hyena (@mpendragons) January 22, 2019
JK Rowling: dobby voted for Barack Obama
— wetslick fruit spritzer (@MoChaaban) January 28, 2019
I can’t wait to see what details she reveals next if only to add more fire to this meme.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.