- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content 3 Weeks Ago
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Today 3:41 PM
- Man fakes getting stood up at Outback Steakhouse Today 3:03 PM
- FCC looks to tackle robocalls and spoofed texts Today 2:57 PM
- How to protect yourself from the data breach that affected 744 million accounts Today 12:56 PM
- How to stream Rob Brant vs. Khasan Baysangurov online for free Today 12:21 PM
- No, Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have her boyfriend on her payroll Today 12:20 PM
- Writers want this book canceled for misgendering its protagonist Today 12:15 PM
- Trump Jr’s meme about his dad’s border wall doesn’t get how Congress works Today 11:44 AM
- FBI reportedly looking into Ryan Adams’ communications with underage girl Today 11:25 AM
- Trump does Chinese accent, declares national emergency, bewilders the internet Today 11:21 AM
- Chrissy Teigen throws shade at Logan Paul-Kaitlin Bennett pairing Today 10:48 AM
- Trump says ‘I didn’t need to do this’ while declaring national emergency Today 10:48 AM
- Women sue border patrol for detaining them for speaking Spanish Today 10:20 AM
- Tana Mongeau’s switch to Twitch has not gone well Today 9:58 AM
Meme mocks J.K. Rowling for offering too many ‘Harry Potter’ details
Why, J.K. Rowling, why?
Author J.K. Rowling is best known for creating the Harry Potter series. But she’s also known on Twitter for constantly revealing extra details about the series that no one asked her for.
This isn’t a new trend. She’s been giving us random details for years. In 2015, she tweeted, unprompted “Snape is all grey. You can’t make him a saint: he was vindictive & bullying. You can’t make him a devil: he died to save the wizarding world.”
Snape is all grey. You can't make him a saint: he was vindictive & bullying. You can't make him a devil: he died to save the wizarding world
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) November 27, 2015
As recently as 2018, she confirmed a fan theory that there was a passage that was included in the Goblet of Fire to teach readers how to pronounce Hermione’s name.
Theory correct. https://t.co/Q46h56ljuU
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) September 18, 2018
Fans have noticed this trend throughout the years and are poking fun at the author for her unsolicited Harry Potter details with a meme. It starts with “no one” speaking. Then, J.K. Rowling chimes in with a random (fake) fact about Harry Potter. The meme format is hilarious for those who love Harry Potter. And even for those who don’t.
jk rowling: the sorting hat’s penis rests on ur forehead when u wear it
— almonds (@twoalmonds) January 21, 2019
jk rowling: dobby shot xxxtentacion
— e҉ (@notlipglosse) January 27, 2019
JK Rowling: Dobby has a 10 inch cock
— fraser (@iNabberTV) January 25, 2019
JK rowling: draco is pro-choice
— E²man (@plusyoureugly) January 28, 2019
jk rowling: severus snape was actually trans but it was never mentioned in the books because it wasn’t relevant to harry’s story. also cedric diggory was bi and cho chang was asexual. remus lupin was jewish and
— hyena (@mpendragons) January 22, 2019
JK Rowling: dobby voted for Barack Obama
— wetslick fruit spritzer (@MoChaaban) January 28, 2019
I can’t wait to see what details she reveals next if only to add more fire to this meme.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.