- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? 6 Months Ago
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Today 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Today 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
Meme mocks J.K. Rowling for offering too many ‘Harry Potter’ details
Why, J.K. Rowling, why?
Author J.K. Rowling is best known for creating the Harry Potter series. But she’s also known on Twitter for constantly revealing extra details about the series that no one asked her for.
This isn’t a new trend. She’s been giving us random details for years. In 2015, she tweeted, unprompted “Snape is all grey. You can’t make him a saint: he was vindictive & bullying. You can’t make him a devil: he died to save the wizarding world.”
Snape is all grey. You can't make him a saint: he was vindictive & bullying. You can't make him a devil: he died to save the wizarding world— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) November 27, 2015
As recently as 2018, she confirmed a fan theory that there was a passage that was included in the Goblet of Fire to teach readers how to pronounce Hermione’s name.
Theory correct. https://t.co/Q46h56ljuU— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) September 18, 2018
Fans have noticed this trend throughout the years and are poking fun at the author for her unsolicited Harry Potter details with a meme. It starts with “no one” speaking. Then, J.K. Rowling chimes in with a random (fake) fact about Harry Potter. The meme format is hilarious for those who love Harry Potter. And even for those who don’t.
no one:— almonds (@twoalmonds) January 21, 2019
jk rowling: the sorting hat’s penis rests on ur forehead when u wear it
no one:— e҉ (@notlipglosse) January 27, 2019
jk rowling: dobby shot xxxtentacion
No one:— fraser (@iNabberTV) January 25, 2019
JK Rowling: Dobby has a 10 inch cock
no one:— E²man (@plusyoureugly) January 28, 2019
JK rowling: draco is pro-choice
no one:— hyena (@mpendragons) January 22, 2019
jk rowling: severus snape was actually trans but it was never mentioned in the books because it wasn’t relevant to harry’s story. also cedric diggory was bi and cho chang was asexual. remus lupin was jewish and
no one:— wetslick fruit spritzer (@MoChaaban) January 28, 2019
JK Rowling: dobby voted for Barack Obama
I can’t wait to see what details she reveals next if only to add more fire to this meme.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.