- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live 10 Months Ago
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America (updated) Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Saturday 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Saturday 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Saturday 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Saturday 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Saturday 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Saturday 6:30 AM
Author J.K. Rowling is best known for creating the Harry Potter series. But she’s also known on Twitter for constantly revealing extra details about the series that no one asked her for.
This isn’t a new trend. She’s been giving us random details for years. In 2015, she tweeted, unprompted “Snape is all grey. You can’t make him a saint: he was vindictive & bullying. You can’t make him a devil: he died to save the wizarding world.”
Snape is all grey. You can't make him a saint: he was vindictive & bullying. You can't make him a devil: he died to save the wizarding world— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) November 27, 2015
As recently as 2018, she confirmed a fan theory that there was a passage that was included in the Goblet of Fire to teach readers how to pronounce Hermione’s name.
Theory correct. https://t.co/Q46h56ljuU— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) September 18, 2018
Fans have noticed this trend throughout the years and are poking fun at the author for her unsolicited Harry Potter details with a meme. It starts with “no one” speaking. Then, J.K. Rowling chimes in with a random (fake) fact about Harry Potter. The meme format is hilarious for those who love Harry Potter. And even for those who don’t.
no one:— almonds (@twoalmonds) January 21, 2019
jk rowling: the sorting hat’s penis rests on ur forehead when u wear it
no one:— e҉ (@notlipglosse) January 27, 2019
jk rowling: dobby shot xxxtentacion
No one:— fraser (@iNabberTV) January 25, 2019
JK Rowling: Dobby has a 10 inch cock
no one:— E²man (@plusyoureugly) January 28, 2019
JK rowling: draco is pro-choice
no one:— hyena (@mpendragons) January 22, 2019
jk rowling: severus snape was actually trans but it was never mentioned in the books because it wasn’t relevant to harry’s story. also cedric diggory was bi and cho chang was asexual. remus lupin was jewish and
no one:— wetslick fruit spritzer (@MoChaaban) January 28, 2019
JK Rowling: dobby voted for Barack Obama
I can’t wait to see what details she reveals next if only to add more fire to this meme.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.