- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog 1 Year Ago
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange 1 Year Ago
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Today 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Today 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Today 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Today 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Today 12:32 PM
- YouPorn launches adult-themed TikTok knock-off Today 12:29 PM
- Clearview AI client list reportedly stolen Today 11:56 AM
- Billie Eilish’s brother Finneas walks back on tone-deaf advice to young creatives Today 11:26 AM
- ‘Caronavirus’ trends after Trump misspells coronavirus Today 11:20 AM
- Conservative writer claims rape victims, trans people are most privileged Today 10:45 AM
- Colin Trevorrow reveals the title of the 3rd ‘Jurassic World’ movie Today 10:28 AM
- You can pre-order Bloomberg’s ‘not a socialist’ hats now if you really want to Today 10:06 AM
- Who would win a Zayn Malik vs. Jake Paul fight? Today 9:23 AM
Author J.K. Rowling is best known for creating the Harry Potter series. But she’s also known on Twitter for constantly revealing extra details about the series that no one asked her for.
This isn’t a new trend. She’s been giving us random details for years. In 2015, she tweeted, unprompted “Snape is all grey. You can’t make him a saint: he was vindictive & bullying. You can’t make him a devil: he died to save the wizarding world.”
Snape is all grey. You can't make him a saint: he was vindictive & bullying. You can't make him a devil: he died to save the wizarding world— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) November 27, 2015
As recently as 2018, she confirmed a fan theory that there was a passage that was included in the Goblet of Fire to teach readers how to pronounce Hermione’s name.
Theory correct. https://t.co/Q46h56ljuU— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) September 18, 2018
Fans have noticed this trend throughout the years and are poking fun at the author for her unsolicited Harry Potter details with a meme. It starts with “no one” speaking. Then, J.K. Rowling chimes in with a random (fake) fact about Harry Potter. The meme format is hilarious for those who love Harry Potter. And even for those who don’t.
no one:— almonds (@twoalmonds) January 21, 2019
jk rowling: the sorting hat’s penis rests on ur forehead when u wear it
no one:— e҉ (@notlipglosse) January 27, 2019
jk rowling: dobby shot xxxtentacion
No one:— fraser (@iNabberTV) January 25, 2019
JK Rowling: Dobby has a 10 inch cock
no one:— E²man (@plusyoureugly) January 28, 2019
JK rowling: draco is pro-choice
no one:— hyena (@mpendragons) January 22, 2019
jk rowling: severus snape was actually trans but it was never mentioned in the books because it wasn’t relevant to harry’s story. also cedric diggory was bi and cho chang was asexual. remus lupin was jewish and
no one:— wetslick fruit spritzer (@MoChaaban) January 28, 2019
JK Rowling: dobby voted for Barack Obama
I can’t wait to see what details she reveals next if only to add more fire to this meme.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.