- Black man films ‘Crosswalk Cathy’ yelling racist slurs at him Tuesday 6:47 PM
- Guerrilla artists turn John Oliver billboard ad into right-wing meme Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Netflix lines up unnecessarily good cast for ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt’—and the cast is wild Tuesday 3:41 PM
- QAnon’s repetitive posts are alienating even his most ardent supporters Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Noah Cyrus cries on Instagram after Lil Xan’s baby announcement Tuesday 2:26 PM
- The ‘Well yes, but actually no’ meme is here to help you explain things Tuesday 12:07 PM
- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post Tuesday 11:24 AM
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency Tuesday 11:09 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free Tuesday 11:08 AM
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre Tuesday 11:01 AM
- ‘Friends From College’ canceled after 2 seasons at Netflix Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale Tuesday 10:43 AM
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why Tuesday 10:40 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ website full of 404s on launch day Tuesday 10:23 AM
Fresh off its Twitter demand that a dude get 18 million retweets in order to score free chicken nuggets for a year, Wendy’s, the funniest social media account in all of fast food, has been dragged into an online beef with Hardee’s.
And Hardee’s learned the hard way what McDonald’s already did: Don’t ever mess with Wendy’s on Twitter, because you’re probably going to get broiled.
Not that this was necessarily Hardee’s fault. Aside from pilfering the idea of a 4-for-4 menu choice (four items for $4), which Wendy’s introduced first, Hardee’s was just minding its Twitter business earlier this week when somebody @ mentioned Wendy’s for a fresh-never-frozen take.
— Sean Ludwig (@seanludwig) April 12, 2017
It’s kind of weak that Hardee’s blocked Wendy’s for such a delicious burn, particularly since Hardee’s escalated the issue by talking a little bit of trash. But hey, there’s a reason Wendy’s is the fast-food social media champ. Wendy’s takes the insult and comes back harder and stronger.
We’ll reiterate, in case any other fast-food chains were thinking of stepping into the ring: The lesson here is not to fuck around with Wendy’s. Either it’ll blast you for forgetting about the existence of refrigerators, or it’ll scorch your fresh beef claim. Burger King and Jack in the Box, it’s officially time to watch your back.
Oh, and Alan Bean was the fourth man to walk on the moon.
(I had to Google it.)
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.