- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Saturday 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Saturday 5:30 AM
Fresh off its Twitter demand that a dude get 18 million retweets in order to score free chicken nuggets for a year, Wendy’s, the funniest social media account in all of fast food, has been dragged into an online beef with Hardee’s.
And Hardee’s learned the hard way what McDonald’s already did: Don’t ever mess with Wendy’s on Twitter, because you’re probably going to get broiled.
Not that this was necessarily Hardee’s fault. Aside from pilfering the idea of a 4-for-4 menu choice (four items for $4), which Wendy’s introduced first, Hardee’s was just minding its Twitter business earlier this week when somebody @ mentioned Wendy’s for a fresh-never-frozen take.
— Sean Ludwig (@seanludwig) April 12, 2017
It’s kind of weak that Hardee’s blocked Wendy’s for such a delicious burn, particularly since Hardee’s escalated the issue by talking a little bit of trash. But hey, there’s a reason Wendy’s is the fast-food social media champ. Wendy’s takes the insult and comes back harder and stronger.
We’ll reiterate, in case any other fast-food chains were thinking of stepping into the ring: The lesson here is not to fuck around with Wendy’s. Either it’ll blast you for forgetting about the existence of refrigerators, or it’ll scorch your fresh beef claim. Burger King and Jack in the Box, it’s officially time to watch your back.
Oh, and Alan Bean was the fourth man to walk on the moon.
(I had to Google it.)
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.