- Jeffrey Epstein’s pilot deletes Instagram after Kellyanne Conway pic surfaces Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Pennyworth’ is a deliriously strange addition to the Batman franchise Today 7:30 AM
- How to read free magazines with your Amazon Prime membership Today 7:00 AM
- 2020 celeb donations: Hanks loves Biden, Stamos stans Buttigieg Today 6:30 AM
- AirTV is essential for Sling TV subscribers Today 6:00 AM
- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Tuesday 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Tuesday 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Tuesday 1:37 PM
Tentacool’s new moniker is a perfect ending.
We’ve seen some amazingly funny nicknames for Pokémon out there—shout out to the brutally honest 2-year-old who dared to call Jigglypuff “A PIG!” and the legions of players spelling out bizarre messages. But nothing compares to these genius monikers.
Tumblr user goingtrickster let their girlfriend—who has, they said, minimal knowledge of pocket monsters—take a crack at renaming them. And damn, they are so smart. Goingtrickster posted a screenshot of some of the best nicknames to their blog.
Here are just some stray observations:
- Gloom as S A D B O I makes so much sense that it hurts.
- The progress of sipp to S U C C is evolution at its finest.
- There needs to be a Marowak contouring YouTube tutorial.
- Jolyne’s mum getting Starmie is a true honor to whoever Jolyne’s mum is.
- This Guy Fieri is more approachable than the actual Guy Fieri.
- Once you realize that Dratini indeed looks like Drake, you’ll never be able to unsee it.
- Tentacool as “Hentai” is the perfect ending. Fin.
We got 24 new Pokémon nicknames. Can’t wait for the other 127.
Update 12:45pm CT, Aug. 6: Goingtrickster reached out to the Daily Dot with a link to their girlfriend’s Tumblr, which you can check out right here. The budding Pokémon master adds, “just thought I should let you know, as she is the true mastermind, after all.”
WATCH MORE: Our beginner’s guide to Pokémon GO:
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.