- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror 3 Years Ago
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream NFL Sunday Ticket without DirecTV Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Arizona State vs. Utah Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Michigan vs. Penn State Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Florida vs. South Carolina Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace Today 1:00 AM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
We’ve seen some amazingly funny nicknames for Pokémon out there—shout out to the brutally honest 2-year-old who dared to call Jigglypuff “A PIG!” and the legions of players spelling out bizarre messages. But nothing compares to these genius monikers.
Tumblr user goingtrickster let their girlfriend—who has, they said, minimal knowledge of pocket monsters—take a crack at renaming them. And damn, they are so smart. Goingtrickster posted a screenshot of some of the best nicknames to their blog.
Here are just some stray observations:
- Gloom as S A D B O I makes so much sense that it hurts.
- The progress of sipp to S U C C is evolution at its finest.
- There needs to be a Marowak contouring YouTube tutorial.
- Jolyne’s mum getting Starmie is a true honor to whoever Jolyne’s mum is.
- This Guy Fieri is more approachable than the actual Guy Fieri.
- Once you realize that Dratini indeed looks like Drake, you’ll never be able to unsee it.
- Tentacool as “Hentai” is the perfect ending. Fin.
We got 24 new Pokémon nicknames. Can’t wait for the other 127.
Update 12:45pm CT, Aug. 6: Goingtrickster reached out to the Daily Dot with a link to their girlfriend’s Tumblr, which you can check out right here. The budding Pokémon master adds, “just thought I should let you know, as she is the true mastermind, after all.”
WATCH MORE: Our beginner’s guide to Pokémon GO:
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.