- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Today 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Today 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Today 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Today 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Today 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Today 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Today 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Today 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Today 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Today 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Today 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Today 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Today 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Today 10:21 AM
- 10 Korean skincare brands that are worth your money Today 10:00 AM
This egg’s makeup is crackin’.
Forget @world_record_egg. There’s a new egg in town, and it’s gorgeous.
یعنی میخوام بگم با این همه ارایش، حتی تخم مرغ هم خوشگل میشه pic.twitter.com/bdM8De1cii
— •نازنینا• (@_maripela) January 19, 2019
Twitter user @maripela_ posted a mesmerizing video of what appears to be herself decorating an egg, but it’s nothing like the egg dyeing you might think of.
She painted a full, beautiful face of makeup on this egg, taking it from nutritious to positively sickening in 52 seconds. We’re talking foundation, blending, contouring, powder on a hand-drawn face on with precise eyebrows, nose, and mouth. The egg’s final look is as natural as if it came out of the hen that way. And @maripela_ this did all with long, gorgeous nails.
The supremely talented Twitter user has the video pinned to her Twitter account, noting that, in Persian, she essentially “makes eggs pretty.”
Twitter is losing their minds over the gall of this egg to look so amazing with makeup. How dare it look so ravishing and fierce when the rest of us can barely get winged eyeliner right?
Me pretending like i don’t have a huge ass problem set and deciding to watch twitter videos of someone doing makeup on a egg. pic.twitter.com/Lx95YQ5ldM
— Aiko (@elias_aiko) January 22, 2019
broke: they done surgery on a grape
woke: they done makeup on an egg pic.twitter.com/M8hlooPndr
— seán (@thirdeyebarnes) January 22, 2019
How can someone do makeup that good on an egg when I can’t even do it on my own dam face https://t.co/yzLvP3J5BQ
— Kirsten Souter (@Kirsteeen_99) January 22, 2019
this bitch really just put a full face of makeup on an egg… i’ve seen it all https://t.co/lEjeJDSZGz
— liv (@olivia_coury) January 22, 2019
they did makeup on an egg pic.twitter.com/aLWOVRHqPO
— dallas // nicomaki is canon (@candyheartsx) January 22, 2019
— Forever🌸EXO'ed [HIATUS], and a flower (@exo_jollo) January 22, 2019
So the egg not only beat Kylie in likes, but now she’s coming for her makeup line too? 2019 is playing no games. https://t.co/ZxHdLhWQ64
— Austin Zimmerman (@theAUSSTINNshow) January 22, 2019
I really just watched shawty put makeup on an egg https://t.co/pbi0Zp2V9S
— DoWop Shakur (@iAm_DoWop) January 22, 2019
am I the only one who thinks putting makeup on that egg is weird? like..there is a whole embryo in there.. pic.twitter.com/3eFfWeoWs9
— mascsnacks (@mthegayrab) January 22, 2019
I just saw someone put makeup on an EGG… this has gone too far I’m DONE pic.twitter.com/6rXHLgTepb
— abigayle (@thepaleabigayle) January 19, 2019
I can’t even do makeup on my FACE LET ALONE ON A EGG https://t.co/i0DPHeORyv
— carys (@caryswhitwham_) January 22, 2019
So you’re telling me it’s okay for everyone on the internet to put makeup on an egg but it’s wrong when I put makeup on… that makes sense 😂
— isaac 🌻💕 (@isaacraygozaa) January 22, 2019
Other folks, like beauty YouTuber Thomas Halbert, are putting their own spin on beautifying eggs.
okay i attempted at doing makeup on an egg pic.twitter.com/eqdTOKkxsH
— thomas halbert (@ThomasBeautyy) January 22, 2019
Some are upset that someone would waste makeup (and those amazing falsies) on an egg.
really out here wasting makeup on an egg https://t.co/MSvpvKbstI
— mandayyy (@mandyremke) January 22, 2019
I bet not see you put on no damn makeup on a fucking egg if I payed for it https://t.co/K6eWIa2aga
— SOLID (@Makkswell3__) January 22, 2019
Of course, @maripela_ wasn’t the first to give the infamous Instagram egg a “makeover.” YouTuber Smokey Glow did two egg makeovers in a video posted last week.
So what’s next? Do we scramble or poach the egg and try to make a ~*lewk*~ out of that? How about painting an egg on a face? The possibilities are endless. We can’t wait to see more egg beauty.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.