- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
I’m in a texting relationship with Drake, thanks to Botline Bling
Man, Drake really wants to go to Cheesecake Factory.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to text with Drake?
Thanks to Botline Bling you’re finally getting your chance (well, sort of). Made by Medium Slackjaw editor and Onion Labs copywriter Hassan S. Ali, Botline Bling allows its users to have a text message relationship with the Toronto rapper (it’s an SMS bot, but the responses seem pretty accurate of what I would expect of Drake’s texting mannerisms: a little flirtatious, often ambiguous, and spontaneously mentioning Cheesecake Factory in the middle of a very serious conversation).
Here’s how my chat with the 6 God went.
As you can see, I never got the advice I wanted, but he did make me feel special, which is why we love Drake in the first place. If you find yourself wanting to chat with the bot Drake too, just text “Botline” to (630) 755-6641.
Unless you’re hungry for a cream cheese-based dessert, just don’t expect Drake to help you with any of your problems.
Elijah Watson is an internet culture and entertainment reporter. His work has been published by the Daily Beast, Vice, Complex, Bustle, Uproxx, and Okayplayer.