- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
- Reddit users share stories of the worst things guests have done in their homes Wednesday 1:25 PM
- WikiLeaks lawyer says Trump offered Assange a pardon—if he’d deny Russian hack Wednesday 1:16 PM
If you’re reading this, it’s Drake‘s birthday.
what did drake do now
— ne$ha (@neshathewicked) October 24, 2016
The Puffy-Coated Canadian Rapper/Meme turned 30 years old on Monday, marking not just an age milestone but another year at the top of his game. The occasion was, first of all, marked by the release of four new songs and the announcement of a forthcoming album.
He had a party, too, where his dad sang happy birthday to him. Because even when Drake is 30, he’s really just 13.
The big buzz around the L.A. soirée, though, is that Taylor Swift and Katy Perry, known pop nemeses, both showed, as did Swift’s ex-boyfriend John Mayer—and everyone was chill? Drake should definitely be moonlighting as a peace accord negotiator with the U.N.
Meanwhile, everyone who wasn’t invited to an awesome party (and yes, there were some hurt feelings over that) found other ways to show their appreciation for Drizzy and send their fondest wishes.
it’s drake’s birthday why am i at school this should be a national holiday
— alex lange (@alexmlange) October 24, 2016
Today is Drake’s birthday, so in honour of it please overreact to a situation you could have resolved with just a simple conversation.
— Anne T. Donahue (@annetdonahue) October 24, 2016
Drake weather for Drake’s birthday
— Ryan Huey (@Rjhuey11) October 24, 2016
Drake is a Scorpio it’s lit
— kmac🍒 (@kLa_x3) October 24, 2016
Yes, Drake is 30, and nothing will ever be the same. Except that he’ll probably keep getting nice sweaters on his birthday.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'