- ‘Stage Fright’ is a therapeutic lens into Jenny Slate’s weird world 3 Years Ago
- Congressmen call on Twitter to shut down accounts for Hamas, Hezbollah 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Lakers vs. Clippers 3 Years Ago
- Popular Twitch streamer banned for something he didn’t even say Today 10:13 AM
- What is going on with C-3PO in the final trailer for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 10:04 AM
- Amazon’s facial recognition misidentified Boston athletes as criminals Today 9:08 AM
- Trump sparks outrage by calling impeachment ‘lynching’ Today 8:58 AM
- Rose Tico returns in the final ‘Rise of Skywalker’ trailer Today 8:44 AM
- Pokémon Go player fatally shot after witnessing robbery Today 8:05 AM
- How to watch ‘Doc Martin’ Today 8:00 AM
- Review: The Outer Worlds is so much more than ‘Fallout in space’ Today 8:00 AM
- Even Jack Burkman’s clients don’t want anything to do with his pro-Trump smears Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘My Life Is Murder’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Galatasaray in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League Monday 11:00 PM
If you’re reading this, it’s Drake‘s birthday.
what did drake do now
— ne$ha (@neshathewicked) October 24, 2016
The Puffy-Coated Canadian Rapper/Meme turned 30 years old on Monday, marking not just an age milestone but another year at the top of his game. The occasion was, first of all, marked by the release of four new songs and the announcement of a forthcoming album.
He had a party, too, where his dad sang happy birthday to him. Because even when Drake is 30, he’s really just 13.
The big buzz around the L.A. soirée, though, is that Taylor Swift and Katy Perry, known pop nemeses, both showed, as did Swift’s ex-boyfriend John Mayer—and everyone was chill? Drake should definitely be moonlighting as a peace accord negotiator with the U.N.
Meanwhile, everyone who wasn’t invited to an awesome party (and yes, there were some hurt feelings over that) found other ways to show their appreciation for Drizzy and send their fondest wishes.
it’s drake’s birthday why am i at school this should be a national holiday
— alex lange (@alexmlange) October 24, 2016
Today is Drake’s birthday, so in honour of it please overreact to a situation you could have resolved with just a simple conversation.
— Anne T. Donahue (@annetdonahue) October 24, 2016
Drake weather for Drake’s birthday
— Ryan Huey (@Rjhuey11) October 24, 2016
Drake is a Scorpio it’s lit
— kmac🍒 (@kLa_x3) October 24, 2016
Yes, Drake is 30, and nothing will ever be the same. Except that he’ll probably keep getting nice sweaters on his birthday.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'