- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Wednesday 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Wednesday 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Wednesday 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Wednesday 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Wednesday 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Wednesday 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Wednesday 10:43 AM
What’d you get him?
If you’re reading this, it’s Drake‘s birthday.
what did drake do now
— ne$ha (@neshathewicked) October 24, 2016
The Puffy-Coated Canadian Rapper/Meme turned 30 years old on Monday, marking not just an age milestone but another year at the top of his game. The occasion was, first of all, marked by the release of four new songs and the announcement of a forthcoming album.
He had a party, too, where his dad sang happy birthday to him. Because even when Drake is 30, he’s really just 13.
The big buzz around the L.A. soirée, though, is that Taylor Swift and Katy Perry, known pop nemeses, both showed, as did Swift’s ex-boyfriend John Mayer—and everyone was chill? Drake should definitely be moonlighting as a peace accord negotiator with the U.N.
Meanwhile, everyone who wasn’t invited to an awesome party (and yes, there were some hurt feelings over that) found other ways to show their appreciation for Drizzy and send their fondest wishes.
it’s drake’s birthday why am i at school this should be a national holiday
— alex lange (@alexmlange) October 24, 2016
Today is Drake’s birthday, so in honour of it please overreact to a situation you could have resolved with just a simple conversation.
— Anne T. Donahue (@annetdonahue) October 24, 2016
Drake weather for Drake’s birthday
— Ryan Huey (@Rjhuey11) October 24, 2016
Drake is a Scorpio it’s lit
— kmac🍒 (@kLa_x3) October 24, 2016
Yes, Drake is 30, and nothing will ever be the same. Except that he’ll probably keep getting nice sweaters on his birthday.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'