- Congressman quotes ‘Mein Kampf’ on House floor 1 Year Ago
- Rapper Tone Loc detained after confronting teen in Confederate flag hat 1 Year Ago
- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Today 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Today 10:17 AM
- Texas Rangers shortstop walks up to ‘Baby Shark’ Today 9:58 AM
- The best wireless gaming headsets under $100 Today 9:23 AM
- Trump demands networks blacklist these guests—including prominent Democrats Today 9:09 AM
- Bookworms! Now’s your chance to grab 3 months of Amazon Music for free Today 9:00 AM
- You can get paid $1,000 to binge-watch the first 20 Marvel movies Today 8:56 AM
- The ‘flat stomach’ meme has morphed into the ‘pregnant mom’ meme Today 8:43 AM
- Get 6 months free with this sweet Amazon Music Unlimited offer Today 8:30 AM
- Zoie Burgher tweets details about supposed threesome with FaZe Pamaj, Abigale Mandler Today 8:09 AM
- How to stream MLB Network for free Today 8:05 AM
- BTS fans at war over these divisive Mattel dolls Today 7:38 AM
- ‘ReMastered: The Miami Showband Massacre’ revisits one of Ireland’s greatest tragedies Today 7:00 AM
Trump Jr. faves tweet about anal bleaching after Russian collusion story breaks
Well, that escalated quickly.
Does President Donald Trump‘s son support anal bleaching?
Anal bleaching is the process wherein the skin around one’s anus is chemically lightened to match the surrounding butt flesh. It is entirely cosmetic and wholly unnecessary, but a Daily Mail report from yesterday states that demand for the procedure has soared as celebrities have spoken about undergoing it.
Demand for anal bleaching has risen by about a fifth in the past year as women ‘feel under pressure to look like porn stars’, figures suggest.
The trend was sparked after celebrities – including Sophie Kasaei, Charlotte Crosby and Kourtney Kardashian – revealed they have had the procedure.
That story was shared by Stefan Molyneux, a prominent figure in the “alt-right” movement, the collection of conservatives and Trump supporters that harbors white supremacists.
Demand for anal bleaching soars by 23% as women follow in the footsteps of celebrities. https://t.co/UAUHaQjmxp
— Stefan Molyneux (@StefanMolyneux) December 5, 2017
That was quoted by Gavin McInnes, a founder of the Proud Boys, a toxic group of far-right men whose tendencies align with that of the “alt-right.”
McInnes cracked a joke about how he wants anuses to look a certain way when he first encounters them.
You only get one chance to make a first impression. https://t.co/cWm8PrzSPg
— Gavin McInnes (@Gavin_McInnes) December 5, 2017
That joke was liked this morning by one Donald Trump Jr., son of the president.
DonaldJTrumpJr liked this tweet: https://t.co/SbcnXKIVDI
— Trump Alert (@TrumpsAlert) December 6, 2017
In other Trump Jr. news, an NBC report that dropped late last night said that during his infamous June 2016 meeting with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, Trump Jr. asked for damaging information on the Clinton Foundation.
Donald Trump Jr. asked a Russian lawyer at the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting whether she had evidence of illegal donations to the Clinton Foundation, the lawyer told the Senate Judiciary Committee in answers to written questions obtained exclusively by NBC News.
Veselnitskaya’s written answers reinforced what has long been understood about the Trump Tower meeting: that Donald Trump Jr. accepted it on the promise of incriminating information about Clinton that he had been told was coming from the Russian government. And he asked Veselnitskaya directly whether she had it, according to her written answers. Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort were also in attendance, as were a Russian lobbyist, a Russian businessman and a translator.
We all cope in our own ways.
Update 8:41am, Dec. 6: Trump Jr. has unliked the “anal bleaching” tweet. This article has been updated for clarity.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]