- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now 1 Year Ago
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Today 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Today 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Today 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Today 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Today 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Today 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Today 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Today 11:32 AM
- Cop under investigation after implying Ocasio-Cortez should be shot Today 11:07 AM
- The ‘Big Little Lies’ finale sucked—but at least we have Renata Today 11:01 AM
- Wendy Davis announces she’s running for Congress Today 10:45 AM
- Please stop being horny on main for #IceBae and other horrible people Today 10:02 AM
- Illinois Republicans share ‘jihad squad’ meme of 4 Dem congresswomen Today 9:05 AM
- How a deepfake gets made Today 8:25 AM
Donald and Melania Trump didn’t exchange social media posts on their anniversary
Neither mentioned their 13 years of marriage.
Former President Barack Obama set the bar for how presidents living in the digital age should interact online. However, when it comes to being presidential, Donald Trump has erred on the sign of throwing convention to the wind.
Still, doesn’t seem like too much to expect that Trump would remember to wish his wife a happy anniversary amid his tangled web of tweets about Democratic obstruction or Republican tax cuts. But alas, no mention of Melania Trump or the couple’s 13 years together could be found on the president’s timeline for their anniversary Monday.
Just last week, Obama displayed some #RelationshipGoals for everyone by sharing a photo of him and Michelle for her 54th birthday.
“You’re not only my wife and the mother of my children, you’re my best friend,” he wrote in an Instagram post. “I love your strength, your grace, and your determination. And I love you more each day. Happy Birthday, @MichelleObama.”
The quiet between Trump and the first lady might be a result of the recent buzz surrounding Trump’s alleged affair with porn star Stormy Daniels. InTouch recently released the transcript of a 2011 interview that never ran detailing the affair, and the internet has been swollen with coverage of Daniels since the news broke earlier this month. Daniels reportedly received $130,000 before the 2016 election to keep quiet about the incident.
Not only did Melania and Donald Trump forgo mentioning their anniversary online, according to the Washington Post—they also didn’t go out to eat or celebrate.
Sarah Jasmine Montgomery is a Daily Dot contributor whose writing and criticism cover all things pop culture, with an emphasis on how communities of color impact physical and digital cultural spaces. Her writing and photography have also appeared in Texas Monthly, the Fader, Complex, and Billboard.