- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Saturday 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Saturday 5:30 AM
Donald and Melania Trump didn’t exchange social media posts on their anniversary
Neither mentioned their 13 years of marriage.
Former President Barack Obama set the bar for how presidents living in the digital age should interact online. However, when it comes to being presidential, Donald Trump has erred on the sign of throwing convention to the wind.
Still, doesn’t seem like too much to expect that Trump would remember to wish his wife a happy anniversary amid his tangled web of tweets about Democratic obstruction or Republican tax cuts. But alas, no mention of Melania Trump or the couple’s 13 years together could be found on the president’s timeline for their anniversary Monday.
Just last week, Obama displayed some #RelationshipGoals for everyone by sharing a photo of him and Michelle for her 54th birthday.
“You’re not only my wife and the mother of my children, you’re my best friend,” he wrote in an Instagram post. “I love your strength, your grace, and your determination. And I love you more each day. Happy Birthday, @MichelleObama.”
The quiet between Trump and the first lady might be a result of the recent buzz surrounding Trump’s alleged affair with porn star Stormy Daniels. InTouch recently released the transcript of a 2011 interview that never ran detailing the affair, and the internet has been swollen with coverage of Daniels since the news broke earlier this month. Daniels reportedly received $130,000 before the 2016 election to keep quiet about the incident.
Not only did Melania and Donald Trump forgo mentioning their anniversary online, according to the Washington Post—they also didn’t go out to eat or celebrate.
Sarah Jasmine Montgomery is a Daily Dot contributor whose writing and criticism cover all things pop culture, with an emphasis on how communities of color impact physical and digital cultural spaces. Her writing and photography have also appeared in Texas Monthly, the Fader, Complex, and Billboard.