- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies 2 Years Ago
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening 2 Years Ago
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Today 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Today 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Today 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Today 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Today 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Today 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Today 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Today 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Today 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Today 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Today 12:55 PM
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men Today 12:33 PM
- Every house in ‘Skyrim’ and how to get them all Today 12:28 PM
Former President Barack Obama set the bar for how presidents living in the digital age should interact online. However, when it comes to being presidential, Donald Trump has erred on the sign of throwing convention to the wind.
Still, doesn’t seem like too much to expect that Trump would remember to wish his wife a happy anniversary amid his tangled web of tweets about Democratic obstruction or Republican tax cuts. But alas, no mention of Melania Trump or the couple’s 13 years together could be found on the president’s timeline for their anniversary Monday.
Just last week, Obama displayed some #RelationshipGoals for everyone by sharing a photo of him and Michelle for her 54th birthday.
“You’re not only my wife and the mother of my children, you’re my best friend,” he wrote in an Instagram post. “I love your strength, your grace, and your determination. And I love you more each day. Happy Birthday, @MichelleObama.”
The quiet between Trump and the first lady might be a result of the recent buzz surrounding Trump’s alleged affair with porn star Stormy Daniels. InTouch recently released the transcript of a 2011 interview that never ran detailing the affair, and the internet has been swollen with coverage of Daniels since the news broke earlier this month. Daniels reportedly received $130,000 before the 2016 election to keep quiet about the incident.
Not only did Melania and Donald Trump forgo mentioning their anniversary online, according to the Washington Post—they also didn’t go out to eat or celebrate.
Sarah Jasmine Montgomery is a Daily Dot contributor whose writing and criticism cover all things pop culture, with an emphasis on how communities of color impact physical and digital cultural spaces. Her writing and photography have also appeared in Texas Monthly, the Fader, Complex, and Billboard.