- Lyft driver attacks female passenger after she refused to turn off music Wednesday 7:30 PM
- J.J. Watt posted his phone number online, wants fans to text him Wednesday 6:22 PM
- How a normal redditor becomes a conspiracy theorist Wednesday 5:48 PM
- ‘Bikram’ is not a great film, but it is a document of justice Wednesday 5:43 PM
- Congress is concerned Amazon isn’t safeguarding Ring videos Wednesday 5:40 PM
- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public Wednesday 4:56 PM
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time Wednesday 4:47 PM
- How to watch tonight’s 2020 Democratic debate Wednesday 4:21 PM
- ‘Dollface’ offers a narrow vision of womanhood Wednesday 3:56 PM
- There’s a perfectly good reason why we can’t buy official Baby Yoda merch yet Wednesday 3:00 PM
- Trump’s handwritten ‘I WANT NOTHING’ note gets memed Wednesday 12:57 PM
- Facebook quietly launched a meme generator app called Whale Wednesday 12:40 PM
- How to watch tonight’s fire Warriors vs. Mavericks matchup online Wednesday 12:14 PM
- Android security flaw could have let hackers hijack your phone’s camera Wednesday 12:10 PM
- How Julia Roberts playing Harriet Tubman became a meme Wednesday 12:01 PM
Former President Barack Obama set the bar for how presidents living in the digital age should interact online. However, when it comes to being presidential, Donald Trump has erred on the sign of throwing convention to the wind.
Still, doesn’t seem like too much to expect that Trump would remember to wish his wife a happy anniversary amid his tangled web of tweets about Democratic obstruction or Republican tax cuts. But alas, no mention of Melania Trump or the couple’s 13 years together could be found on the president’s timeline for their anniversary Monday.
Just last week, Obama displayed some #RelationshipGoals for everyone by sharing a photo of him and Michelle for her 54th birthday.
“You’re not only my wife and the mother of my children, you’re my best friend,” he wrote in an Instagram post. “I love your strength, your grace, and your determination. And I love you more each day. Happy Birthday, @MichelleObama.”
The quiet between Trump and the first lady might be a result of the recent buzz surrounding Trump’s alleged affair with porn star Stormy Daniels. InTouch recently released the transcript of a 2011 interview that never ran detailing the affair, and the internet has been swollen with coverage of Daniels since the news broke earlier this month. Daniels reportedly received $130,000 before the 2016 election to keep quiet about the incident.
Not only did Melania and Donald Trump forgo mentioning their anniversary online, according to the Washington Post—they also didn’t go out to eat or celebrate.
Sarah Jasmine Montgomery is a Daily Dot contributor whose writing and criticism cover all things pop culture, with an emphasis on how communities of color impact physical and digital cultural spaces. Her writing and photography have also appeared in Texas Monthly, the Fader, Complex, and Billboard.