- Caroline Calloway says she plans to campaign for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, millions of others sign petition to make Kobe Bryant new NBA logo Tuesday 5:39 PM
- No, Lana Del Rey did not cry because Billie Eilish won album of the year Tuesday 4:48 PM
- People are exposing their eyeballs to phone flash for this TikTok challenge Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Watch Mike Bloomberg try to shake a dog’s mouth Tuesday 3:41 PM
- ‘Rey who?’ is the funniest meme to emerge from ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Tuesday 3:30 PM
- AI beat the CDC to the punch on coronavirus warnings Tuesday 3:21 PM
- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Mom of ‘Success Kid’ says Steve King can’t use her son’s meme for ‘repulsive’ campaign Tuesday 2:00 PM
- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career Tuesday 1:13 PM
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free (updated) Tuesday 12:21 PM
- ‘Joker’ ad compares Todd Phillips to Gandhi Tuesday 12:10 PM
- Mom learned about her special needs son’s abuse by seeing TikTok video Tuesday 11:21 AM
- Influencer gets revenge on her male trolls with Instagram account Tuesday 10:32 AM
- Conservatives are frothing over a Ukraine joke told on CNN Tuesday 10:26 AM
Whether he’s attacking the media, taking a jab at “crooked Hillary,” or, most recently, trashing the Muslim parents of slain American soldier Humayun Khan, Trump’s Twitter feed is low on class and high on bombast.
But what if Trump, in addition to hating so many things, loved “gay stuff”?That’s the premise of a hilarious new parody account: Donald Gay Trump.
Donald Gay Trump, whose bio hilariously reads, “Where My Geminis At?!” hates dems, pals around with Reba McIntyre, and has a soft spot for Katy Perry’s Prism.
Oh, and he only follows an elite group of accounts, limited to the female Kardashians, Selena Gomez, and Justin Bieber.
The account is the brainchild of IRL gay comedian and Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre performer Matt Rogers.
Rogers conceived the idea for the account while watching the Democratic National Convention. He told the Daily Dot, “A friend of mine said that Trump was probably pissed when he saw all the ‘good celebrities’ at the DNC. And that got me thinking about what if Donald Trump was just so mad and insecure that Katy Perry wouldn’t sing at his party. And then it spun off into gay land.”
Rogers, who also performs with musical sketch comedy group Pop Roulette, added, “It’s honestly pretty easy to write because he’s on a third-grade reading level and I am a deep well of gayness.”
The tweets are deeply gay. And deeply funny.
Take, for example, Trump’s hatred of women, freshly peppered with a deep love for Chris Hemsworth.
Gay Trump is also an incisive critic of popular culture. He doesn’t just loathe Kelly Clarkson’s allegiance to the democratic party; he throws expert shade about her abilities as a performer.
He also takes sides in celebrity feuds. Spoiler alert: He’s #TeamGwen.
And he revels in pop culture deep cuts, like this bit of piping hot tea about the “real star” of Ugly Betty:
And who the “real winner” of American Idol season 3 should have been:
And that one really awful twist in a Grey’s Anatomy plot:
Perhaps what’s funniest about Gay Trump isn’t the fact that he’s gay at all, but that Trump’s attitude with this slant is in fact more loving and joyful than any of the hate he spews on a daily basis.
Gay Trump, it turns out, can throw shade with the best of them, but he’s also a supporter of women. He believes, for example, that Naomi Watts deserves an Oscar.
Don’t know what’s Scarier! The threat of ISIS or that Naomi Watts has no Oscar!!! LAUGHABLE. And “Le Divorce” proves- she can do comedy! SAD
— DonaldGayTrump (@DonaldJGayTrump) August 1, 2016
“What’s funny to me is not what Donald Trump says,” said Rogers. “I really think his rhetoric is disgusting and not to be taken lightly. What’s funny to me is that he’s incapable of expressing himself like an adult.”
Rogers concluded, “There’s a lack of ingenuity in his real Twitter, but for some reason you get the sense that if this was a gay man, if Trump was gay, it would feel different. Less insane, more passionate.”
Damn. It really makes ya think. Maybe instead of worrying about making America “great again,” we should focus on making America gay again!
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.