- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Tuesday 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Tuesday 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Tuesday 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Tuesday 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Tuesday 11:54 AM
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads Tuesday 11:35 AM
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs Tuesday 11:29 AM
The master of erotic literature strikes again.
Buttbart is Tingle’s answer to Breitbart, the popular and controversial news source for the white nationalist alt-right movement. It’s a satire, but not a straightforward parody; it’s a fanciful expansion of Tingle’s previous anti-Trump site, trumpdebatefacts.
The same way Tingle’s books come at real-world issues and questions of metaphysics with a sort of fantastical, magical realism, Buttbart treats Trump the metaphorical crab-demon as literal. The real news is expanded and electrified to the proportions a Tingler requires.
As its tagline says, less ironically than you might think, “WE TAKE THE TRUTH SERIOUSLY.”
Current headlines on Buttbart include “FBI Finds Irrefutable Link Between Trump’s Presidential Campaign And Northern Bear Devils Above The Frozen Lake” and “Donald Trump Develops State Of The Art ‘Embarrassment Machine’ To Create New And Inventive Ways Of Humiliating Himself.“
Not, strictly speaking, true: However, Trump’s Twitter gaffes and the FBI’s report on Russian president Vladimir Putin’s involvement in the U.S. election are both real things.
The articles are all by Tingle, and edited by his “son, name of Jon.” It’s still not clear exactly who Tingle is, whether he’s a real man from Montana or the pseudonymous creation of someone living a completely different life.
What has been confirmed, though, is that Tingle is a genius who does his part to prove love is real for all the buckaroos and hard buds out there.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.