- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Monday 11:47 AM
Watch Chris Pratt’s twist on the ice bucket challenge
Sick of the celebrity ice bucket challenge videos? So were we, until we saw this one.
Tired of watching your Facebook friends and countless celebrities take the ice bucket challenge to raise awareness for ALS? Yeah, me too. It’s pretty infuriating that so many people are taking the challenge in the name of raising “awareness,” when in fact most of your friends probably aren’t giving to ALS research, or they don’t even know what ALS is in the first—
—Ohmigod, look, it’s Chris Pratt in a wet T-shirt. Never mind what I just said. Long live the ice bucket challenge.
In the clip, the Guardians of the Galaxy star, who was tagged in videos by Disney CEO Bob Iger and Vincent D’Onofrio, attempts to subvert the challenge by drinking a mini-bottle of Blue Ice Vodka and a bottle of Smirnoff Ice. (Anyone else having uncomfortable flashbacks to getting “iced” by your roommates in college?) Then Pratt’s wife, Anna Faris, and his mother, Kathy, dump a bucket of ice on his head from the balcony above. Nice one, ladies.
You don’t need to know all that, though. You just need to know when you’ll see Chris Pratt in a wet T-shirt. It’s 1:06, guys. You’re very welcome.
H/T Reddit | Photo by Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.