- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
Watch Chris Pratt’s twist on the ice bucket challenge
Sick of the celebrity ice bucket challenge videos? So were we, until we saw this one.
Tired of watching your Facebook friends and countless celebrities take the ice bucket challenge to raise awareness for ALS? Yeah, me too. It’s pretty infuriating that so many people are taking the challenge in the name of raising “awareness,” when in fact most of your friends probably aren’t giving to ALS research, or they don’t even know what ALS is in the first—
—Ohmigod, look, it’s Chris Pratt in a wet T-shirt. Never mind what I just said. Long live the ice bucket challenge.
In the clip, the Guardians of the Galaxy star, who was tagged in videos by Disney CEO Bob Iger and Vincent D’Onofrio, attempts to subvert the challenge by drinking a mini-bottle of Blue Ice Vodka and a bottle of Smirnoff Ice. (Anyone else having uncomfortable flashbacks to getting “iced” by your roommates in college?) Then Pratt’s wife, Anna Faris, and his mother, Kathy, dump a bucket of ice on his head from the balcony above. Nice one, ladies.
You don’t need to know all that, though. You just need to know when you’ll see Chris Pratt in a wet T-shirt. It’s 1:06, guys. You’re very welcome.
H/T Reddit | Photo by Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.