- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
Last week, I saw this great Twitter thread on singer Hayley Williams that compared her many different hair colors to dish detergents.
thread of hayley williams as dish detergents pic.twitter.com/ethZLLlKK2— nick (@fterlaughter) April 7, 2019
Just some earnest content that makes going on the harassment-filled site known as Twitter worth it. There were lots of detergents to choose from:
Then I discovered a bunch of these threads, which pair a celebrity or notable person with random products or objects.
Here’s one of TV personality Sonja Morgan as personal lubricants.
Sonja Morgan as personal lubricant: A THREAD pic.twitter.com/TEGogNs22M— dzmcgee (@dzmcgee) April 14, 2019
Here’s another of Ben Affleck as Dunkin’ Donuts beverages.
Ben Affleck as beverages from Dunkin Donuts pic.twitter.com/87orSgdzFI— amelia wedemeyer (@ameliadeew) April 13, 2019
And Tessa Thompson as Pringles.
tessa thompson as pringles: a thread pic.twitter.com/btlJ5PwbI2— z (@ttomholIand) April 12, 2019
This meme is like a game: Find a product or object that comes in various colors and match those colors to a celebrity’s various on-screen and off-screen photos. It’s an exercise in using Google Images.
Over the weekend, the meme went down a new path. Now people are finding colorful transportation systems around the world and comparing them to pop stars’ outfits.
Here’s Rihanna as Berlin public transit.
Rihanna as Berlin Public Transport: a thread pic.twitter.com/MS5UlrVvjI— Nico (@nco_lnz) April 14, 2019
And here’s Taylor Swift as Dutch public transit.
These threads are a gift.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.