- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
Last week, I saw this great Twitter thread on singer Hayley Williams that compared her many different hair colors to dish detergents.
thread of hayley williams as dish detergents pic.twitter.com/ethZLLlKK2— nick (@fterlaughter) April 7, 2019
Just some earnest content that makes going on the harassment-filled site known as Twitter worth it. There were lots of detergents to choose from:
Then I discovered a bunch of these threads, which pair a celebrity or notable person with random products or objects.
Here’s one of TV personality Sonja Morgan as personal lubricants.
Sonja Morgan as personal lubricant: A THREAD pic.twitter.com/TEGogNs22M— dzmcgee (@dzmcgee) April 14, 2019
Here’s another of Ben Affleck as Dunkin’ Donuts beverages.
Ben Affleck as beverages from Dunkin Donuts pic.twitter.com/87orSgdzFI— amelia wedemeyer (@ameliadeew) April 13, 2019
And Tessa Thompson as Pringles.
tessa thompson as pringles: a thread pic.twitter.com/btlJ5PwbI2— z (@ttomholIand) April 12, 2019
This meme is like a game: Find a product or object that comes in various colors and match those colors to a celebrity’s various on-screen and off-screen photos. It’s an exercise in using Google Images.
Over the weekend, the meme went down a new path. Now people are finding colorful transportation systems around the world and comparing them to pop stars’ outfits.
Here’s Rihanna as Berlin public transit.
Rihanna as Berlin Public Transport: a thread pic.twitter.com/MS5UlrVvjI— Nico (@nco_lnz) April 14, 2019
And here’s Taylor Swift as Dutch public transit.
These threads are a gift.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.