- The new ‘Hunger Games’ book paints President Snow as a hero—and people are not happy Tuesday 9:03 PM
- Influencer called out for ‘troubling image’ with Kenyan child Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Professor arrested for spending $185K of grant money on iTunes and strippers Tuesday 7:28 PM
- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Tuesday 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Tuesday 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Tuesday 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Tuesday 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Tuesday 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Tuesday 10:06 AM
Last week, I saw this great Twitter thread on singer Hayley Williams that compared her many different hair colors to dish detergents.
thread of hayley williams as dish detergents pic.twitter.com/ethZLLlKK2— nick (@fterlaughter) April 7, 2019
Just some earnest content that makes going on the harassment-filled site known as Twitter worth it. There were lots of detergents to choose from:
Then I discovered a bunch of these threads, which pair a celebrity or notable person with random products or objects.
Here’s one of TV personality Sonja Morgan as personal lubricants.
Sonja Morgan as personal lubricant: A THREAD pic.twitter.com/TEGogNs22M— dzmcgee (@dzmcgee) April 14, 2019
Here’s another of Ben Affleck as Dunkin’ Donuts beverages.
Ben Affleck as beverages from Dunkin Donuts pic.twitter.com/87orSgdzFI— amelia wedemeyer (@ameliadeew) April 13, 2019
And Tessa Thompson as Pringles.
tessa thompson as pringles: a thread pic.twitter.com/btlJ5PwbI2— z (@ttomholIand) April 12, 2019
This meme is like a game: Find a product or object that comes in various colors and match those colors to a celebrity’s various on-screen and off-screen photos. It’s an exercise in using Google Images.
Over the weekend, the meme went down a new path. Now people are finding colorful transportation systems around the world and comparing them to pop stars’ outfits.
Here’s Rihanna as Berlin public transit.
Rihanna as Berlin Public Transport: a thread pic.twitter.com/MS5UlrVvjI— Nico (@nco_lnz) April 14, 2019
And here’s Taylor Swift as Dutch public transit.
These threads are a gift.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.