- Someone set up a Spider-Man memorial outside D23 Expo 4 Months Ago
- A$AP Rocky just isn’t texting Trump back 4 Months Ago
- Hong Kong protesters knock down alleged ‘facial recognition tower’ Today 12:35 PM
- PewDiePie becomes the first YouTuber to hit 100 million subscribers Today 11:35 AM
- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Today 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
Last week, I saw this great Twitter thread on singer Hayley Williams that compared her many different hair colors to dish detergents.
thread of hayley williams as dish detergents pic.twitter.com/ethZLLlKK2— nick (@fterlaughter) April 7, 2019
Just some earnest content that makes going on the harassment-filled site known as Twitter worth it. There were lots of detergents to choose from:
Then I discovered a bunch of these threads, which pair a celebrity or notable person with random products or objects.
Here’s one of TV personality Sonja Morgan as personal lubricants.
Sonja Morgan as personal lubricant: A THREAD pic.twitter.com/TEGogNs22M— dzmcgee (@dzmcgee) April 14, 2019
Here’s another of Ben Affleck as Dunkin’ Donuts beverages.
Ben Affleck as beverages from Dunkin Donuts pic.twitter.com/87orSgdzFI— amelia wedemeyer (@ameliadeew) April 13, 2019
And Tessa Thompson as Pringles.
tessa thompson as pringles: a thread pic.twitter.com/btlJ5PwbI2— z (@ttomholIand) April 12, 2019
This meme is like a game: Find a product or object that comes in various colors and match those colors to a celebrity’s various on-screen and off-screen photos. It’s an exercise in using Google Images.
Over the weekend, the meme went down a new path. Now people are finding colorful transportation systems around the world and comparing them to pop stars’ outfits.
Here’s Rihanna as Berlin public transit.
Rihanna as Berlin Public Transport: a thread pic.twitter.com/MS5UlrVvjI— Nico (@nco_lnz) April 14, 2019
And here’s Taylor Swift as Dutch public transit.
These threads are a gift.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.