- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
Thanks to Keeping Up with the Kardashians and her omnipresence on social media, the reality TV star has given the internet a lot of material to work with over the years, but you’ve never seen her quite like this. The latest Kim Kardashian meme popped up on Twitter this week—and the haters will say it’s Photoshopped.
I think I found my new hobby pic.twitter.com/PAYMRM7wXz
— ✰ JAY ✰ (@jaypaulgeorge) February 13, 2018
The three photos of buff Kim Kardashian were quickly shared across the internet.
Buff Kim Kardashian creates an easy set up for jokes.
boy: fight me 🙈😂👀
— lourdes (@gossipgriII) February 14, 2018
When he calls you bro pic.twitter.com/hqkKaPAisc
— B (@Blerontinaaaa) February 13, 2018
I hate it when i’m mad but i don’t know what i’m mad about pic.twitter.com/KQ3xUDGDRM
— popular slut (@kindslut) February 14, 2018
The one machine I really wanted to use at the gym today is out of order pic.twitter.com/iYNa0VVqxj
— N ∆ T H ∆ N Bonina Brown (@nathan3205) February 14, 2018
Straight buff guy at the gym: can you spot me bro?
Me: sure … pic.twitter.com/AYaP4TltUj
— Ricky Martin News (@pinche_sam) February 14, 2018
Several people are referring to the newly buff Kim as “Gym Kardashian.”
“Gym Kardashian”…. dawg call the ambalambs bc I cant breathe…. pic.twitter.com/h1IQ5VzQIo
— What Chain? (@_BirdieJackson) February 14, 2018
Need a thread dedicated to Gym Kardashian https://t.co/aNZ4SMZd6s
— Sir Milford Hunter (@MilfordxHunter) February 14, 2018
Kim Kardashian?? my bad i thought you said Gym Kardashian pic.twitter.com/0c92IfBaqO
— a l y s s a⚡️ (@_alyssabv_) February 14, 2018
I’m here for Gym Kardashian memes https://t.co/jV9NR16c2X
— ashton (@ashtonsomething) February 14, 2018
Why are photos of buff Kim Kardashian so funny? And what inspired the meme? Kim has been working out with trainer Melissa Alcantara, and sharing the progress on her social media accounts. The memes could be a joke about Kim wanting to become the fittest Kardashian. Or they could be a play on Birds with Arms memes. Either way, buff Kim Kardashian is the silly meme we need right now.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.