- The new Overwatch hero is a naked foot enthusiast, apparently 2 Months Ago
- Bella Thorne comes out as pansexual Today 3:17 PM
- Macy’s pulls portion-control plates after social media uproar Today 2:59 PM
- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo Today 2:14 PM
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram Today 2:10 PM
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE Today 1:57 PM
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Today 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Today 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Today 12:41 PM
- It’s too late to book a room for the Area 51 raid Today 12:28 PM
- Adam Sandler’s next Netflix film is a star-studded Halloween comedy Today 12:17 PM
- How to live stream Arsenal vs. Real Madrid Today 12:06 PM
- Netflix’s ‘7SEEDS’ is an abominable adaptation of the original manga Today 11:59 AM
- Alinity Divine hasn’t been punished for throwing her cat—and people are livid Today 10:16 AM
- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament Today 9:25 AM
Boys’ locker room meme has people imagining what the heck goes on in there
A new meme is hilariously exaggerating the differences between the scenes you would see in the girls’ locker room versus the boys’ locker room—and it’s blowing up.
The joke format is somewhat similar to the “what would you do if we kissed?” meme, as it has people online dreaming up the most outlandish situations to happen in a relatively boring place.
The meme format goes like this: The scene set in the girls’ locker room is completely normal. Girls might be saying things like “OMG P.E. sucks! What are you doing after school? We should go to the mall,” or “I hate P.E. so much. OMG Becky are you wearing a thong?”
The scene in the boys’ locker room is nowhere near as typical, whether it involves a bizarre dance party or rowdy wrestling.
Girls locker room: i hate P.E, it’s so boring OMG sara are you wearing a thong?— Shankar (@ShankarLuqman) May 11, 2019
Boys locker room: pic.twitter.com/ckKdGYGJwT
girl's locker room: ugh, PE is the worst.— eth (@eroohtwo) May 11, 2019
boy's locker room: pic.twitter.com/Pe2NCU56Ww
girls locker room: ugh, PE is so boring i hate it— funké (@funkemcfly) May 12, 2019
boys locker room: pic.twitter.com/sa5xPH5ce4
girls locker room: omg I hate p.e so much. I hope we don’t have to run today— burnt™ (@stephenburner) May 13, 2019
boys locker room: pic.twitter.com/JwmXtQkmMN
Girls locker room: I can’t wait to graduate so I can go to college and get a STEM degree— Jules (@Julian_Epp) May 14, 2019
Boys locker room: pic.twitter.com/Xkqxs27o5j
girls locker room: ugh. I hate gym. what's even the point.— Twonko (@Twonko_) May 12, 2019
boys locker room: pic.twitter.com/MlioFDSMGD
Anybody getting mad that this meme is unfair to boys should, first, learn to take a joke. Also, they should learn that the meme isn’t completely off the mark. Video of 80 high school boys meeting in a bathroom to perform an acapella version of the Halo opening theme has been around since 2018.
According to Know Your Meme, the boys’ locker room meme began through a Russian language social network. The first English version of the joke appeared on Reddit when user LukeChrome compared the inside of a boy’s locker room to Warhammer 40,000 fan art.
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.