- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 6 Months Ago
- NRA calls Beto O’Rourke ‘AR-15 salesman of the month’ in wake of buyback proposal Today 12:03 PM
- After 23 deaths, Sean Bean is tired of getting killed on-screen Today 11:48 AM
- Stephen Miller has a girlfriend—and people are stunned Today 11:35 AM
- Mickey Rourke says Robert De Niro iced him out of ‘The Irishman’ Today 11:07 AM
- Conservative men are melting down over Elizabeth Warren’s speech Today 10:40 AM
- People are calling rapper Tekashi 69 a ‘snitch’ for outing gang members Today 10:16 AM
- Greta Thunberg tells Congress to ‘listen to the scientists’ about climate crisis Today 9:55 AM
- Maybe we should start taking Tom DeLonge seriously about UFOs Today 9:11 AM
- Get ready to argue about the alternate-history politics of HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ Today 8:53 AM
- Third instance of Justin Trudeau wearing racist makeup emerges after he apologized for first 2 Today 8:45 AM
- 6 must-watch college football games to stream this weekend Today 8:12 AM
- What is the Hinge dating app, and how does it work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Inside Bill’s Brain’ is nothing more than a Bill Gates infomercial Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! He hasn’t texted me back. Should I text him again? Today 6:00 AM
A new meme has people fantasizing about locking lips in hypothetical scenarios, usually set in very peculiar places. The format is simple: It’s a photo of anywhere—literally anywhere, and the more specific, the better—overlaid with text that asks, “what you would you do if we kissed” in this place?
For example, one user asks, “What if we kissed in a Jones BBQ and Foot Massage?”
“What about in Randy Jackson’s dressing room?” asks another.
From an incinerator to the very abstract “intersection between art and technology,” the possibilities for kissing spots are endless.
what if we kissed at the frys electronics off the 17 on thunderbird pic.twitter.com/VpRsWz8PnL— rabbit trap (@leerjamie) March 31, 2019
what if we kissed 😳 at the intersection of art and technology 🙈— ada wrong (@queefape) April 3, 2019
For some, the imaginary kiss happens by accident.
What would you do if we accidentally kissed inside Coconut Mall 😬 pic.twitter.com/zwEhYa3zei— 🍒 🌞𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓅𝓎𝓈𝒸𝒽𝑜 🌞 🍒 (@mariahdid911) April 2, 2019
what would you do if we accidentally kissed during the field trip bus ride on the 51-202 overpass? pic.twitter.com/ENqd7He8QX— gucci chastity belt (@_schuller_) April 1, 2019
what would you do if we kissed here pic.twitter.com/Pi8EGXb7lV— evan (@wordswordswhoa) March 31, 2019
Others are deviating from the traditional meme, of course, and adding their own takes the ideal romantic scenario.
what if we kissed but instead of kissing we went to the gas station and u filled up my tank and bought me a slushee— susan (@cowboyenergy) April 2, 2019
The meme has roots in Reddit, according to Know Your Meme. In 2018, Redditor u/h0bbez posted an image of the blue battle bus from Fortnite Battle Royale with the caption, “What is we kissed in the battle bus?”
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.