- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
A new meme has people fantasizing about locking lips in hypothetical scenarios, usually set in very peculiar places. The format is simple: It’s a photo of anywhere—literally anywhere, and the more specific, the better—overlaid with text that asks, “what you would you do if we kissed” in this place?
For example, one user asks, “What if we kissed in a Jones BBQ and Foot Massage?”
“What about in Randy Jackson’s dressing room?” asks another.
From an incinerator to the very abstract “intersection between art and technology,” the possibilities for kissing spots are endless.
what if we kissed at the frys electronics off the 17 on thunderbird pic.twitter.com/VpRsWz8PnL— rabbit trap (@leerjamie) March 31, 2019
For some, the imaginary kiss happens by accident.
what would you do if we accidentally kissed during the field trip bus ride on the 51-202 overpass? pic.twitter.com/ENqd7He8QX— gucci chastity belt (@_schuller_) April 1, 2019
what would you do if we kissed here pic.twitter.com/Pi8EGXb7lV— evan (@wordswordswhoa) March 31, 2019
Others are deviating from the traditional meme, of course, and adding their own takes the ideal romantic scenario.
what if we kissed but instead of kissing we went to the gas station and u filled up my tank and bought me a slushee— susan (@cowboyenergy) April 2, 2019
The meme has roots in Reddit, according to Know Your Meme. In 2018, Redditor u/h0bbez posted an image of the blue battle bus from Fortnite Battle Royale with the caption, “What is we kissed in the battle bus?”
Eilish O’Sullivan is the news wire editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.