- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Norwich City Friday 8:55 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 Serie A season Friday 8:05 PM
- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Friday 1:46 PM
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet Friday 1:06 PM
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts Friday 1:04 PM
- The VSCO Girl has always been here Friday 1:01 PM
- Tomi Lahren’s new ‘Freedom’ clothing line is made for meme mockery Friday 12:21 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘London Boy’ is a bop, but Brits don’t think her lyrics are accurate Friday 12:02 PM
If you’ve been seeing a very happy, adorable baby with a little red cap flooding your feeds with positivity but also a little mischief, chances are you’ve been blessed by Ashton J.
A photo posted by Ashton J. (@theofficialashtonj) on
Some fans think Ashton J.’s the heir apparent to another meme kid, Gavin. YouTuber Nathan Zed provided a perfect pairing of the two meeting face to face, with the emotional Gavin looking a little unwilling to pass the torch.
It’s all love, though. Whether he’s FaceTiming his girl or texting up a storm, Ashton J. has a complementary chill vibe to Gavin’s all-too-real looks of frustration. And turns out Ashton J. pairs well with a whole host of memes out there. He’s even already worked his magic on the “feel old yet?” meme.
Ashton J. has the good vibes we need to close out a rough year and look toward bigger and better things. There’s a new meme kid in town, and he’s certainly not going anywhere.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.