- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Wednesday 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Wednesday 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Wednesday 12:55 PM
Meet the first player to actually finish ‘World of Warcraft’
Now that’s dedication.
Wonder what it takes to “finish” World of Warcraft? Look no further than Russian player Хируко, who has become the first to accomplish all 2,057 current achievements and earn all 21,995 achievement points in the massively multiplayer online game.
While other players have “beat” WoW before, he’s the only one to complete the game with all the recently released content such as the Mists of Pandaria expansion.
According to Kotaku, Хируко apparently also received a lot of Realm Firsts and maxed every class first on his server in a way that might upset some players. He achieved this by transferring to low population realms with his guildmates who killed other people in an effort to reach 90 as he played on several accounts at once. This won’t work again though, since Blizzard has announced Realm Firsts will be removed with the next expansion Warlords of Draenor.
Until that next expansion arrives with its new achievements, Хируко doesn’t have much to do in WoW except maybe take a break to smell the virtual flowers. According to the WoWProgress leaderboards though, the closest person to Хируко at the moment has 21,985 achievement points, so while he’s relaxing, other players still have time to catch up. What are you waiting for?
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.