- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
Tom Felton and Natalia Tena, who played Draco Malfoy and Nymphadora Tonks in the Harry Potter films, respectively, will star in the 10-episode series for YouTube Red. According to Deadline, Origin will follow “strangers who find themselves stranded on a spacecraft bound for a distant planet” and who soon discover that one of their own has been hiding who they really are.
Mika Watkins has created and executive produced the series while Alien vs. Predator director Paul W.S. Anderson will direct the series’ first two episodes. Felton and Tena will star alongside Sen Mitsuji, and other cast members include Nora Arnezeder, Philipp Christopher, Madalyn Horcher, Fraser James, and Siobhán Cullen.
Tena’s character Lana becomes a captain among the survivors while Mitsuji’s character Shun will step up into a leadership role. Felton, however, will play the series’ antagonist named Logan. It’s unclear who the rest of the cast will portray and how they will interact with Origin’s three leads.
It’s not the first venture into genre television for Felton and Tena outside of Harry Potter. Felton recently appeared on The Flash while Tena appeared on Game of Thrones for several seasons.
There is no release date for Origin, but the show is filming in South Africa and is expected to stream on YouTube Red later in 2018.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.