- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show 2 Years Ago
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Today 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Today 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Today 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Today 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Today 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Today 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Today 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Today 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Today 1:04 PM
- Go green and save green with solar-powered Christmas lights Today 1:02 PM
- Bloomberg on diversity in 2020 race: ‘Don’t complain to me’ Today 12:40 PM
- Midge flaunts the worst side of herself in ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 Today 12:17 PM
- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds Today 10:44 AM
- Despite changes, the YouTube 2019 Rewind video is still massively disliked Today 10:11 AM
Tom Felton and Natalia Tena, who played Draco Malfoy and Nymphadora Tonks in the Harry Potter films, respectively, will star in the 10-episode series for YouTube Red. According to Deadline, Origin will follow “strangers who find themselves stranded on a spacecraft bound for a distant planet” and who soon discover that one of their own has been hiding who they really are.
Mika Watkins has created and executive produced the series while Alien vs. Predator director Paul W.S. Anderson will direct the series’ first two episodes. Felton and Tena will star alongside Sen Mitsuji, and other cast members include Nora Arnezeder, Philipp Christopher, Madalyn Horcher, Fraser James, and Siobhán Cullen.
Tena’s character Lana becomes a captain among the survivors while Mitsuji’s character Shun will step up into a leadership role. Felton, however, will play the series’ antagonist named Logan. It’s unclear who the rest of the cast will portray and how they will interact with Origin’s three leads.
It’s not the first venture into genre television for Felton and Tena outside of Harry Potter. Felton recently appeared on The Flash while Tena appeared on Game of Thrones for several seasons.
There is no release date for Origin, but the show is filming in South Africa and is expected to stream on YouTube Red later in 2018.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.