- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free 6 Months Ago
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Today 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Today 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Today 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Today 1:00 AM
- Daily Stormer founder to turn over personal, financial information in lawsuit Saturday 8:51 PM
- Ariana Grande’s ‘7 Rings’ courts controversy Saturday 6:19 PM
- Crowd of MAGA teens attempts to intimidate Native American protester Saturday 4:13 PM
- ‘Generously buttered noodles’ is the bizarre, wholesome meme you didn’t know you needed Saturday 2:07 PM
- All of Machinima’s YouTube videos are gone, stunning creators and fans (updated) Saturday 1:14 PM
- Photo of federal workers conjures Great Depression Saturday 12:24 PM
‘Star Wars’ cosplayers reenact the Distracted Boyfriend meme at San Diego Comic-Con
The latest take on the meme came together in spectacular fashion at San Diego Comic-Con over the weekend that mashed up one of Star Wars’ most beloved films with its most recent with cosplayers jujukitty2323, socalcostumes, and Griffin Reina. Solo-era Han Solo catches a glimpse of Leia Organa circa A New Hope walking by, and Qi’ra, who’s by his side, isn’t too pleased.
Wasted Fett, who originally posted the photo to Instagram, had a much different caption for the Twitter photo.
My Falcon don’t want none unless you got buns, hun. pic.twitter.com/1KrbL5p4LN
— WastedFett (@WastedFett) July 23, 2018
And it was very much a hit online.
THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED AT COMIC CON!!!! https://t.co/NeBr7Ur0qZ
— Jen 💬 (@jengrunwald) July 23, 2018
That's not how the Force works. https://t.co/7mWiNHYDSu
— SG Temple Prime (@SGTemplePrime) July 23, 2018
The funniest this meme has ever been. https://t.co/pxOBtczflb
— Stephen Monteith (@ThePapermage) July 23, 2018
In the Star Wars universe, it’s unclear if such a scenario would ever play out. We’re not sure if Qi’ra is still alive during Han and Leia’s fateful meeting on the Death Star—plus by this point in time Qi’ra’s betrayed him at least once. But the Distracted Boyfriend meme doesn’t take something like that into consideration, instead framing it as something much more universal: Han looking from his first love to the woman who would change his life; there’s just a hint of the scoundrel we know him as in the mix.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.