- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
- The QBaby’s parents are already trying to profit off their kid’s fame Today 7:45 AM
- How do 4DX movies work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Terminator 2’s John Connor will return for ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Today 6:41 AM
- What are all these ‘Game of Thrones’ fans supposed to do now? Today 6:00 AM
- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
‘Star Wars’ cosplayers reenact the Distracted Boyfriend meme at San Diego Comic-Con
The latest take on the meme came together in spectacular fashion at San Diego Comic-Con over the weekend that mashed up one of Star Wars’ most beloved films with its most recent with cosplayers jujukitty2323, socalcostumes, and Griffin Reina. Solo-era Han Solo catches a glimpse of Leia Organa circa A New Hope walking by, and Qi’ra, who’s by his side, isn’t too pleased.
Wasted Fett, who originally posted the photo to Instagram, had a much different caption for the Twitter photo.
My Falcon don’t want none unless you got buns, hun. pic.twitter.com/1KrbL5p4LN— WastedFett (@WastedFett) July 23, 2018
And it was very much a hit online.
That's not how the Force works. https://t.co/7mWiNHYDSu— SG Temple Prime (@SGTemplePrime) July 23, 2018
The funniest this meme has ever been. https://t.co/pxOBtczflb— Stephen Monteith (@ThePapermage) July 23, 2018
In the Star Wars universe, it’s unclear if such a scenario would ever play out. We’re not sure if Qi’ra is still alive during Han and Leia’s fateful meeting on the Death Star—plus by this point in time Qi’ra’s betrayed him at least once. But the Distracted Boyfriend meme doesn’t take something like that into consideration, instead framing it as something much more universal: Han looking from his first love to the woman who would change his life; there’s just a hint of the scoundrel we know him as in the mix.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.