- ‘SNL’ gives us the daddy pageant we’ve been dying for 10 Months Ago
- How pranksters fooled the internet in 2018 Today 8:00 AM
- 2018 belonged to trans people Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch local channels on Roku Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Levante vs. Barcelona online for free Today 6:19 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free Today 6:00 AM
- The best couch co-op video games for couples Today 6:00 AM
- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
- Two iPhone X customers are suing Apple over screen size Saturday 1:18 PM
- Secretary Ryan Zinke is out at the Department of the Interior Saturday 12:03 PM
- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free Saturday 10:25 AM
- Prada’s racist toys pulled from shelves after social media backlash (updated) Saturday 10:22 AM
It turns out all it took to take the trailer from meh to magic was the addition of “Sabotage” by the Beastie Boys. The folks over at the War Starts at Midnight Podcast treated us to the revised version on YouTube.
While movies shouldn’t rely on their soundtracks to carry them, lots have benefited from some well-placed hits. (Remember Guardians of the Galaxy?) Solo has been notorious for behind-the-scenes problems, causing fans to worry what the end result might look like. If it needs some extra oomph to make a crowd-pleaser, we wouldn’t be surprised to hear some edgy classics pop up in the background.
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.