- The new ‘Hunger Games’ book paints President Snow as a hero—and people are not happy Tuesday 9:03 PM
- Influencer called out for ‘troubling image’ with Kenyan child Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Professor arrested for spending $185K of grant money on iTunes and strippers Tuesday 7:28 PM
- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Tuesday 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Tuesday 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Tuesday 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Tuesday 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Tuesday 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Tuesday 10:06 AM
We’re swooning for the new ‘Sailor Moon’ reboot trailer
It’s only a month away, and now the trailer for the reboot of our dreams is finally here.
The trailer for the reboot of our dreams is finally here.
Forget Star Wars and Star Trek. If you’re an anime fan, you’ve been living for next month’s Sailor Moon revival. It’s been a fantastic year for sailor scouts around the world. Last month, Viz Media surprised the world by announcing it had done the unthinkable and secured translation rights for the original Sailor Moon, which is now already streaming on Hulu for the first time in history.
If that’s not enough, now the trailer for the series reboot, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon: Crystal, has landed.
And it’s as beautiful as we were hoping.
The trailer isn’t subtitled, but that doesn’t really matter. The gang’s all here—except for Tuxedo Mask. Looks like they’re keeping him under wraps until his big entrance in the show. In the meantime, you can join us in watching this trailer on loop until we become magical girls ourselves through the power of anime.
Screengrab via YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.