- Disturbing Snapchat video shows 17-year-old throwing dog on trampoline 2 Years Ago
- How to watch the new Bon Appetit channel for free 2 Years Ago
- Eminem disses Netflix for canceling ‘The Punisher’ 2 Years Ago
- Florida prisons sued for depriving inmates of music they paid for 2 Years Ago
- Chris Hemsworth will become Hulk Hogan for Netflix biopic Today 11:29 AM
- Fortnite just introduced a K-Pop skin, and here’s how to unlock it Today 11:06 AM
- The YouTuber who exposed the site’s ‘softcore pedophile ring’ is under attack Today 10:39 AM
- Trump randomly calls for companies to ‘step up’ their 5G efforts in U.S. Today 10:28 AM
- Professional media person: Poor people have money but they just waste it on ‘benders’ Today 10:22 AM
- Netflix acquires highest-grossing blockbuster of 2019 (so far) Today 9:29 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez blasts media over home reports after Coast Guard member’s hit list revealed Today 8:52 AM
- Are you being harassed by a Bernie Bro or a Bernie bot? Today 7:30 AM
- Jason Reitman is empowering toxic ‘Ghostbusters’ fanboys Today 6:55 AM
- The Twitter accounts taking on journalism’s straight, white, cis male problem Today 6:30 AM
- 12 essential Amazon Echo accessories for your smart home Today 6:00 AM
Fan-made trailer reimagines ‘Rogue One’ with a retro VHS commercial
Rogue One is kind of a nostalgia trip, calling back to the early days of Star Wars. This fan-made trailer is a perfect companion to its vintage style, reimagining the trailer as a retro VHS commercial.
Filmmaker Damien Kazan created the video with clips from Rogue One, copying the style of 1980s VHS trailers. It’s pretty believable, right up to the square, TV-shaped aspect ratio.
Rogue One came out on digital HD last week, and its DVD and Blu-ray release is April 4. Unfortunately for fans of grainy visuals and blurred color, it’s not coming out on VHS at all.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.