- High school cheerleading team put on probation for waving Trump banner during a game 2 Years Ago
- ‘Battlestar Galactica’ is getting a reboot from the creator of ‘Mr. Robot’ 2 Years Ago
- Sean Spicer is already alleging judges are out to get him on DWTS Today 8:52 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’ loses showrunner halfway through filming Today 7:36 AM
- ‘Disenchantment’ season 2 starts strong but falls into familiar trappings Today 7:00 AM
- Are Ben Shapiro fans organizing against his opponents on Twitter? Today 6:30 AM
- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
Rick and Morty’s never-ending quest for McDonald’s Szechuan sauce in the season 3 premiere became the unlikely beacon that united an entire fandom, and after several months, McDonald’s finally delivered. Now, weeks after receiving it, the show’s creators and crew have finally had a chance to try it for themselves.
Dan Harmon, Justin Roiland, and their team gathered together to try the Szechuan sauce from Dimension C-1998, which also apparently included playing the Mulan soundtrack. (The limited edition Szechuan sauce was originally tied to Mulan’s theatrical release.) It’s the kind of sauce someone would pay $15,000 to get their hands on, but here it’s just sauce and nuggets.
Today's the day- we're trying the Mulan Szechuan sauce. Reviews and joy incoming... pic.twitter.com/62MHMdqyBm— Rick (((and Morty))) (@RickandMorty) August 16, 2017
"It's delicious and every scoop is twenty bucks." pic.twitter.com/rdw3MmIxRf— Rick (((and Morty))) (@RickandMorty) August 16, 2017
Okay. The sauce is fucking delicious. Notes of Panda Express, and sumac. Jk no sumac- sugar and spicy soy sauce. Look, it's great. pic.twitter.com/svrTJanUyk— Mike McMahan (@MikeMcMahanTM) August 16, 2017
A day later, their recorded reactions arrived. Does it measure up to the wave of nostalgia and practically unrealistic expectations Rick and the Rick and Morty crew held it to?
Surprisingly, not everyone found it as amazing as Rick Sanchez did. But the highest praise came from the person vocalizing it the loudest: Roiland, who voices Rick on the show.
“It’s really good, I swear to god,” Roiland said. “Bring it back please so we can all die of diabetes.”
If nothing else, Harmon, Roiland, and their crew were able to do in months what Rick might not get to do in nine seasons—with a little help from corporate intervention.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.