- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna 3 Years Ago
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Today 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Today 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Today 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Today 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Today 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Today 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Today 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Today 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Today 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Today 12:11 PM
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover Today 11:56 AM
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca Today 11:55 AM
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails Today 11:49 AM
- Cardi B defends Dwyane Wade’s daughter during Instagram Live Today 11:45 AM
This is not a drill—and it’s not a joke: The season 3 premiere is on Adult Swim right now.
Rick and Morty’s Twitter made the surprise announcement at 8pm Saturday night just as the first airing of the new episode on Adult Swim’s website was about to start.
It's repeating all night, ends at midnight! I think! https://t.co/zB0zh1N1Vp— Rick (((and Morty))) (@RickandMorty) April 2, 2017
Adult Swim’s livestream even included the message, “You can stop bugging us now,” to fans who’ve been nagging the network and co-creators Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland (Rick Sanchez and Morty Smith) nonstop about it. Harmon even revealed their master plan the night before after a fan complained about the lack of information on season 3.
The premiere episode, which will air on a loop until midnight (ET/PT) and in certain locations—sorry guys—finally delivers. Nathan Fillion guest stars as Rick finally reveals why he let himself become imprisoned—and how he escapes.
THIS EPISODE IS WORTH THE GOD DAMN WAIT! AM I RIGHT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN?!— Rick (((and Morty))) (@RickandMorty) April 2, 2017
Stick around after the credits for one more scene! And then watch the episode again right after, because there's no way you saw the opening!— Rick (((and Morty))) (@RickandMorty) April 2, 2017
It sure was. Now where’s the rest of season 3?
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.