- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
‘Rick and Morty’ season 3 premiere drops for real on April Fools’ Day
This is not a drill.
This is not a drill—and it’s not a joke: The season 3 premiere is on Adult Swim right now.
Rick and Morty’s Twitter made the surprise announcement at 8pm Saturday night just as the first airing of the new episode on Adult Swim’s website was about to start.
It's repeating all night, ends at midnight! I think! https://t.co/zB0zh1N1Vp— Rick (((and Morty))) (@RickandMorty) April 2, 2017
Adult Swim’s livestream even included the message, “You can stop bugging us now,” to fans who’ve been nagging the network and co-creators Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland (Rick Sanchez and Morty Smith) nonstop about it. Harmon even revealed their master plan the night before after a fan complained about the lack of information on season 3.
The premiere episode, which will air on a loop until midnight (ET/PT) and in certain locations—sorry guys—finally delivers. Nathan Fillion guest stars as Rick finally reveals why he let himself become imprisoned—and how he escapes.
THIS EPISODE IS WORTH THE GOD DAMN WAIT! AM I RIGHT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN?!— Rick (((and Morty))) (@RickandMorty) April 2, 2017
Stick around after the credits for one more scene! And then watch the episode again right after, because there's no way you saw the opening!— Rick (((and Morty))) (@RickandMorty) April 2, 2017
It sure was. Now where’s the rest of season 3?
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.