- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 2 Years Ago
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 2 Years Ago
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 2 Years Ago
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 2 Years Ago
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 2 Years Ago
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Today 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Today 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Today 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Today 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream NFL Sunday Ticket without DirecTV Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Arizona State vs. Utah Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Michigan vs. Penn State Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Florida vs. South Carolina Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace Today 1:00 AM
This article contains spoilers for Rick and Morty season 3, episode 2, “Rickmancing the Stone.”
Last night’s Rick and Morty episode focused mostly on Rick, Beth, Morty, and Summer as they all come to grips with Beth and Jerry’s impending divorce. But what about Jerry?
While he got a bit of screentime saying goodbye to the kids and later when Summer gifts him a mutant’s skull, Jerry got the post-credits scene all to himself—almost. As he’s checking the mail at his crummy apartment, Jerry’s held up by a vengeful coyote who seems hellbent on destroying his unemployment check.
In case you forgot to stick around after the credits rolled, here it is on YouTube (watch while it lasts):
But an eagle-eyed Rick and Morty fan’s photo posted in the subreddit makes this scene so much sweeter. According to OnAWhale, in this universe, Jerry Smith is best known for his nature photography, which you can see on Chromecasts’s featured photos screensaver. And, of course, who would feature in this timely screengrab? None other than a feisty wolf.
This wild pup’s looking pretty well-nourished, presumably thriving off of Jerry’s suffering. But two mysteries remain:
First, OnAWhale originally submitted this post approximately four months ago and claims “the reddit app reposted it by itself.” What are the odds of that? And, more importantly, who’s behind the voice in the winds, calling Jerry a “loooossserrrr” at all his darkest moments? We’d love to blame the coyote, but our money’s on it being tied back to Rick somehow.
Correction 11:56am CT, Aug. 3: An earlier version of this article misstated where the wolf photo could be seen in the wild: It’s on Chromecast displays, not Apple TV.
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.