- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
This article contains spoilers for Rick and Morty season 3, episode 2, “Rickmancing the Stone.”
Last night’s Rick and Morty episode focused mostly on Rick, Beth, Morty, and Summer as they all come to grips with Beth and Jerry’s impending divorce. But what about Jerry?
While he got a bit of screentime saying goodbye to the kids and later when Summer gifts him a mutant’s skull, Jerry got the post-credits scene all to himself—almost. As he’s checking the mail at his crummy apartment, Jerry’s held up by a vengeful coyote who seems hellbent on destroying his unemployment check.
In case you forgot to stick around after the credits rolled, here it is on YouTube (watch while it lasts):
But an eagle-eyed Rick and Morty fan’s photo posted in the subreddit makes this scene so much sweeter. According to OnAWhale, in this universe, Jerry Smith is best known for his nature photography, which you can see on Chromecasts’s featured photos screensaver. And, of course, who would feature in this timely screengrab? None other than a feisty wolf.
This wild pup’s looking pretty well-nourished, presumably thriving off of Jerry’s suffering. But two mysteries remain:
First, OnAWhale originally submitted this post approximately four months ago and claims “the reddit app reposted it by itself.” What are the odds of that? And, more importantly, who’s behind the voice in the winds, calling Jerry a “loooossserrrr” at all his darkest moments? We’d love to blame the coyote, but our money’s on it being tied back to Rick somehow.
Correction 11:56am CT, Aug. 3: An earlier version of this article misstated where the wolf photo could be seen in the wild: It’s on Chromecast displays, not Apple TV.
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.