- TSA agents are the latest tool in the government shutdown meme war 5 Years Ago
- YouTube still hosting bestiality images year after crackdown pledge 5 Years Ago
- YouTuber quits fight after Darth Vader fan film claimed by Disney Today 3:26 PM
- Millions of Fortnite accounts exposed via Epic Games website exploit Today 2:26 PM
- A man found a camera in his Airbnb and the company didn’t seem to care Today 2:00 PM
- A redditor planted an Easter egg in Hulu’s Fyre Fest doc Today 1:51 PM
- This new revelation about Woody from ‘Toy Story’ will blow your mind Today 1:35 PM
- Dave Rubin fails to delete Patreon on livestream to delete Patreon Today 1:14 PM
- The ‘some of y’all… and it shows’ meme is taking over Twitter Today 12:24 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ begins season 2 on a cheerful note Today 11:49 AM
- Climate change memes are disrupting the feel-good ’10 year challenge’ Today 11:48 AM
- Mysterious Washington Post parody predicts Trump’s resignation (updated) Today 11:42 AM
- YouTube cracks down on challenges, pranks Today 11:04 AM
- Upskirting will soon be illegal in England Today 10:45 AM
- Jake Paul calls Keemstar a ‘piece of trash’ for ‘body-shaming’ Erika Costell Today 10:18 AM
Dive down RedLynx’s rabbit hole. You won’t regret it.
In an Internet of three-second cat GIFs and the instant gratifications of Tumblr feeds, it’s hard to recommend an 11-minute video. But sometimes a video comes along that’s so mind bogglingly insane that it requires a person to step away from cute animals and take in some of the magic people can produce. This video game Easter egg is one of those videos, and it’s worth the ride.
Easter eggs in video games are when game developers hide little secrets in hard-to-find places for players to uncover. Usually the Easter eggs are benign, like a photo of a developer and his wife tucked behind the wall of a building no player is really meant to see. Sometimes Easter eggs go way above and beyond.
In Trials Evolution, a game in which a player on a motorcycle must traverse a series of ramps and death traps, players have found probably the most complex Easter egg to date. It seems that the small developer RedLynx has really taken it to the next level, with a dizzying series of clues and codes that had players puzzled.
By studying the game’s textures and music files, fans have been trying to uncover exactly what was hidden inside this game. Eventually fans discovered a hidden code in one of the music tracks, a message in Morse code. That code in turn led players to a website with even more puzzles and riddles. Eventually players uncovered all the riddles and found that they needed to go globetrotting to solve the mystery.
If you thought traversing the world was over the top for a video game Easter egg, it doesn’t even come close to ending there.
Without spoiling the video, things take a remarkable turn into the realm of fairy tales. Although it sounds clickbait-y, everyone who still believes in Disney-like wonder and magic must watch this video to the end. It will leave you stunned, and people will be talking about it for years to come. We won’t say anything more, lest we spoil the fun, but sit back, relax, and try your best to comprehend everything that’s going on.
Photo via Wikimedia Commons
Imad Khan is a gaming and esports reporter. His work has been featured on Digital Trends and ESPN.