- Facebook refused to take down this blackface page for four months 4 Years Ago
- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
- Woah! How did Keanu Reeves get so small? Tuesday 4:37 PM
- The centrist argument against Sanders’ student loan plan is getting ripped apart Tuesday 4:08 PM
- Jonathan Frakes confirms that you’re right in yet another meme Tuesday 3:56 PM
- Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande set to star in Netflix’s ‘The Prom’ Tuesday 3:35 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 goodies are here just in time Tuesday 3:01 PM
- Kim Kardashian’s shapewear line Kimono is already getting called out Tuesday 2:11 PM
- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 Tuesday 1:13 PM
- TikTok is being used to call out predators Tuesday 12:41 PM
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding Tuesday 12:39 PM
The dedicated company that translates your favorite Japanese video games
We’ve come a long way since “all your base are belong to us.”
If you’ve been an avid gamer for the past 20 years, we’re sure you’ve noticed an improvement in the translations for Japanese games. Gone are the poor translations of Zero Wing which brought us classic broken English zinger “all your base are belong to us” and we now have games brought over with proper translations that also bring the same emotional resonance.
One company helping create awesome localizations is 8-4. It’s a small team of dedicated gamers that go above and beyond, not just to translate a game, but make it relatable at a fundamental level to Western audiences.
A new YouTube channel, Press Start, just put out a new video that features the team from 8-4. The production values are top notch and we hope to see great video game-related work from these guys in the future.
If you’re interested in keeping tabs on 8-4, check out the team’s podcast.
Screengrab via Press Start/YouTube
Imad Khan is a gaming and esports reporter. His work has been featured on Digital Trends and ESPN.