- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
King Joffrey holding a pug just became one of the best Photoshop battles ever
A photoshopper can do as they like.
Joffrey Baratheon believed that a king could do whatever he likes, but even he isn’t immune to an old-fashioned Photoshop battle.
A couple years ago someone on a dog-friendly Facebook group posted a photo of Irish actor Jack Gleeson, who played Joffery on Game of Thrones, holding an adorable pug. It’s been circulating ever since (including on a Twitter account that doesn’t appear to belong to Gleeson), because it’s essentially a perfect photo.
Puppy love pic.twitter.com/nBNGwGpcD9
— Jack Gleeson (@JackGleeson_) January 25, 2016
Gleeson’s joyful expression with the pug’s confusion and the open background made for plenty of opportunity. On Monday, the Photoshopping geniuses of Reddit took on Gleeson and the pug in r/photoshopbattles, a subreddit where users often compete with one another to see who can create the best manipulation of a photograph.
Given Gleeson’s four-year run on Game of Thrones as the bastardly king, many of the entries went straight to Westeros. But some of the best selections didn’t even touch on the show or Gleeson’s most famous role.
A winner will be crowned, but we all really won this round.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.