- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
Joffrey Baratheon believed that a king could do whatever he likes, but even he isn’t immune to an old-fashioned Photoshop battle.
A couple years ago someone on a dog-friendly Facebook group posted a photo of Irish actor Jack Gleeson, who played Joffery on Game of Thrones, holding an adorable pug. It’s been circulating ever since (including on a Twitter account that doesn’t appear to belong to Gleeson), because it’s essentially a perfect photo.
Puppy love pic.twitter.com/nBNGwGpcD9— Jack Gleeson (@JackGleeson_) January 25, 2016
Gleeson’s joyful expression with the pug’s confusion and the open background made for plenty of opportunity. On Monday, the Photoshopping geniuses of Reddit took on Gleeson and the pug in r/photoshopbattles, a subreddit where users often compete with one another to see who can create the best manipulation of a photograph.
Given Gleeson’s four-year run on Game of Thrones as the bastardly king, many of the entries went straight to Westeros. But some of the best selections didn’t even touch on the show or Gleeson’s most famous role.
A winner will be crowned, but we all really won this round.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.