- Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark’ scores with Christmas-themed ‘A Nasty Piece of Work’ Today 6:00 AM
- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
New ‘Harry Potter’ theme park is filled with ‘Jaws’ Easter eggs
The Jaws ride may be gone, but it’s not forgotten.
Harry Potter fans have had hard time restraining their excitement about the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter Diagon Alley theme park at Universal Studios Florida. As photos continue to emerge from the park before the opening, fans are starting to learn more about what’s waiting for them in Orlando—including some interesting Easter eggs paying homage to the park’s past.
Sneak peeks at the park reveal hidden Jaws Easter eggs scattered throughout the Diagon Alley expansion. Universal made room for the new Wizarding World by getting rid of the classic Jaws ride that was there since the park opened in 1990. Even though it’s been replaced by more magical creatures, small references to former toothy resident have been discovered.
According to Inside the Magic, Mr. Mulpepper’s Apothecary has a shark jawbone in its window display and a record store near the entrance displays and album by The Quint Trio titled “Here’s to Swimmin’ with Bow-legged Women,” which is a quote from Jaws character Quint. A telescope in Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment also apparently contains some old boat pieces from the ride.
There may be even more Jaws Easter eggs to discover, but fans will have to wait until the park’s opening July 8 to find them all.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.