- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
New ‘Harry Potter’ theme park is filled with ‘Jaws’ Easter eggs
The Jaws ride may be gone, but it’s not forgotten.
Harry Potter fans have had hard time restraining their excitement about the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter Diagon Alley theme park at Universal Studios Florida. As photos continue to emerge from the park before the opening, fans are starting to learn more about what’s waiting for them in Orlando—including some interesting Easter eggs paying homage to the park’s past.
Sneak peeks at the park reveal hidden Jaws Easter eggs scattered throughout the Diagon Alley expansion. Universal made room for the new Wizarding World by getting rid of the classic Jaws ride that was there since the park opened in 1990. Even though it’s been replaced by more magical creatures, small references to former toothy resident have been discovered.
According to Inside the Magic, Mr. Mulpepper’s Apothecary has a shark jawbone in its window display and a record store near the entrance displays and album by The Quint Trio titled “Here’s to Swimmin’ with Bow-legged Women,” which is a quote from Jaws character Quint. A telescope in Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment also apparently contains some old boat pieces from the ride.
There may be even more Jaws Easter eggs to discover, but fans will have to wait until the park’s opening July 8 to find them all.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.