- What does IMO mean? 4 Months Ago
- ‘Trigger Warning with Killer Mike’ digs into America’s wounds with a wink and a black flag Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch Tigres vs. Cruz Azul online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Arsenal vs. Chelsea online for free Today 5:21 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. RB Leipzig online for free Today 5:07 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Sevilla online for free Today 4:48 AM
- Netflix says ‘Fortnite’ is more competition than HBO Friday 8:25 PM
- This computer-generated Insta model looks staggeringly real Friday 7:15 PM
- Netflix is bringing back ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ with ‘Stranger Things’ producer Friday 6:42 PM
- Facebook is creating a meme feature to bring back the teens Friday 4:13 PM
- A hitman’s smartwatch helped send him to prison for life Friday 4:05 PM
- Privacy group files complaints against Netlifx, Spotify for GDPR violations Friday 3:02 PM
- Bikini Kill reunion show sale proves the internet is still hell for live music fans Friday 2:55 PM
- Teen’s photo of Nazi-themed school-dance invite goes viral Friday 2:31 PM
- Ben Shapiro comes out as pro-baby Hitler in March for Life message Friday 2:28 PM
Ghost is returning for season 8 of ‘Game of Thrones’—and fans are stressed
Game of Thrones is, among many things, a stressful show to watch. In between betrayals, battles, and bouts of incest, fans can count on their favorite characters being mercilessly slaughtered whether they’re barely onscreen or are prominent leads.
Jon Snow’s direwolf was conspicuously AWOL in season 7, despite a notable appearance from Arya Stark’s furry companion, Nymeria. But in a recent Huffington Post interview, Game of Thrones visual effects supervisor Joe Bauer said that Ghost has “a fair amount of screen time in season 8.”
This might initially seem like great news. Unfortunately, fans have begun to realize that while Ghost’s absence left a wolf-sized hole in all our hearts, he may have been safer behind the scenes. Bringing him to the forefront of the action might solidify his place on the list of beloved characters slated for death.
— Alec Rhodes (@AlecWRhodes) October 1, 2018
Prayer circle for ghost when season 8 premieres. pic.twitter.com/O9gdLs9ZxE
— Sara Samora (@SaraESamora) September 30, 2018
If they do that it will only be to completely destroy his ties to his Stark heritage. Other than Arya, Sansa, & Bran everything else tying him to the North has been ripped away from him. His crown as KitN, his identity as Ned Starks son, & now Ghost. #HouseStark #atimeforwolves pic.twitter.com/OHKMS6yozl
— Zoey (@knight_zoey) October 1, 2018
On the bright side, even if everyone’s favorite direwolf is doomed, at least he’ll probably go out in a blaze of glory. Bauer told the Huffington Post that Ghost is “very present and does some pretty cool things in season 8,” which bodes well for the poor pup. After all, between the White Walkers, the newly-created ice dragon, the treacherous Lannisters, and a much-needed Stark-direwolf reunion, there should be plenty of action to go around.
Winter has come. Hopefully Ghost’s untimely end hasn’t arrived with it.