- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
Ghost is returning for season 8 of ‘Game of Thrones’—and fans are stressed
Game of Thrones is, among many things, a stressful show to watch. In between betrayals, battles, and bouts of incest, fans can count on their favorite characters being mercilessly slaughtered whether they’re barely onscreen or are prominent leads.
Jon Snow’s direwolf was conspicuously AWOL in season 7, despite a notable appearance from Arya Stark’s furry companion, Nymeria. But in a recent Huffington Post interview, Game of Thrones visual effects supervisor Joe Bauer said that Ghost has “a fair amount of screen time in season 8.”
This might initially seem like great news. Unfortunately, fans have begun to realize that while Ghost’s absence left a wolf-sized hole in all our hearts, he may have been safer behind the scenes. Bringing him to the forefront of the action might solidify his place on the list of beloved characters slated for death.
— Alec Rhodes (@AlecWRhodes) October 1, 2018
Prayer circle for ghost when season 8 premieres. pic.twitter.com/O9gdLs9ZxE
— Sara Samora (@SaraESamora) September 30, 2018
If they do that it will only be to completely destroy his ties to his Stark heritage. Other than Arya, Sansa, & Bran everything else tying him to the North has been ripped away from him. His crown as KitN, his identity as Ned Starks son, & now Ghost. #HouseStark #atimeforwolves pic.twitter.com/OHKMS6yozl
— Zoey (@knight_zoey) October 1, 2018
On the bright side, even if everyone’s favorite direwolf is doomed, at least he’ll probably go out in a blaze of glory. Bauer told the Huffington Post that Ghost is “very present and does some pretty cool things in season 8,” which bodes well for the poor pup. After all, between the White Walkers, the newly-created ice dragon, the treacherous Lannisters, and a much-needed Stark-direwolf reunion, there should be plenty of action to go around.
Winter has come. Hopefully Ghost’s untimely end hasn’t arrived with it.
Anna Maria Ward is the social media editor of the Daily Dot. Her work focuses on the intersections of entertainment, pop culture, and social justice. She previously contributed to the Houston Chronicle and Orange magazine.