- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? 4 Years Ago
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far 4 Years Ago
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Today 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Today 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Today 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Today 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Today 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
A brand new year is almost here! Whether you plan to celebrate the occasion out partying with friends or watching the ball drop from a comfy spot on your sofa, it’s always fun to dress up a little to start the new year right. Why not use the occasion to celebrate your favorite fandom, too?
With a little nail art, you can add just the right amount of geeky cheer to your outfit—and you don’t have to be an expert nail artist to do it either. Thanks to tutorials on YouTube, it’s never been easier to find help for creating your ultimate geeky manicure.
Here are five ideas for nerdy New Year’s nails!
What better way to roll into a new year then with the adorable droid from Star Wars: The Force Awakens? Strategically paint BB-8 on a few of your nails while using the droid’s signature orange and white colors on the rest for a style that will be obvious to fellow fans.
You can catch everyone’s attention with these Pokémon nails. Transform each nail into an element of the classic water type species by following the steps shown in this video and shared in its description. If Squirtle isn’t your pokémon of choice, no problem! The YouTube channel IHaveACupcake has a number of tutorials for others including Charmander and Umbreon so you can pick just the right type to match your personality as a trainer or the colors of your outfit.
Studio Ghibli fans can just follow this tutorial to create nails inspired by My Neighbor Totoro. Each nail features a familiar image seen in the movie from Totoro to the soot sprites! All the materials you need are listed in the description as well as shown clearly at the beginning of the video so you can get all set up before adding the magical world to your look.
Exterminate boring nails and take the Doctor’s ultimate enemies with you on your New Year’s adventures! The great thing about this tutorial is that you can follow the steps, but also customize the look by changing the colors and other details. The nail artist Jessie mentions that she went with bright colors so they would stand out, but that doesn’t mean you have to. We’ve seen so many different Daleks over the years in Doctor Who, there’s no reason you should resist tweaking this to represent your favorites.
Hey! Listen! You can be bolder with your choice of nail art and go 3D with this design inspired by the classic video game. These nails won’t be as easy as the others and requires more materials which are listed with the video. If you give them a try though, we’re sure you’ll be the talk of the new year!
Screenshot via Disney Style/YouTube
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.