- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish 8 Months Ago
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web 8 Months Ago
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Today 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Today 1:00 AM
- Daily Stormer founder to turn over personal, financial information in lawsuit Saturday 8:51 PM
- Ariana Grande’s ‘7 Rings’ courts controversy Saturday 6:19 PM
- Crowd of MAGA teens attempts to intimidate Native American protester Saturday 4:13 PM
- ‘Generously buttered noodles’ is the bizarre, wholesome meme you didn’t know you needed Saturday 2:07 PM
- All of Machinima’s YouTube videos are gone, stunning creators and fans (updated) Saturday 1:14 PM
- Photo of federal workers conjures Great Depression Saturday 12:24 PM
- How to watch Pacquiao vs. Broner online Saturday 9:00 AM
- What does IMO mean? Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Trigger Warning with Killer Mike’ digs into America’s wounds with a wink and a black flag Saturday 7:00 AM
The first trailer for Bumblebee boils the long-running Transformers franchise down to the basics as we’re shown the first meeting between a woman and her car-turned-alien robot.
Taking place in 1987, a young woman played by Hailee Steinfeld stumbles upon a beat-up yellow Volkswagen Beetle in a junkyard and ends up with far more than she bargained for. Although it has some of the trademarks of previous Transformers movies (including appearances from both human and Decepticon enemies), it doesn’t have to juggle the franchise’s timeline or new revelations, giving the movie plenty of room to tell its own story.
Plus, even though Bumblebee has yet to find his voice, he already knows that there’s one he’s perfectly willing to give up.
Bumblebee will arrive in theaters Dec. 21.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.