- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Wednesday 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Wednesday 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Wednesday 12:55 PM
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men Wednesday 12:33 PM
If you hate spoilers, approach the internet with caution for the next few weeks.
A clip of Disney’s eagerly anticipated movie Avengers: Endgame has leaked online, immediately sending Marvel fans fleeing to the hills. Spoiler-conscious fans are warned to avoid social media as screenshots, GIFs, and posts about the clip continue to circulate timelines. Sites like Twitter and Reddit are already riddled with potential spoilers, and the clips will spread before Endgame’s official release on April 26.
The leak comes less than two weeks before Endgame’s release. Fans have been eagerly awaiting a conclusion to the devastating events that ended Avengers: Infinity War. CNBC reports that the leaked footage is “spoiler heavy.”
Guys we need to get off of Twitter for the next 11 days. Massive leaks for Avengers: Endgame are on this site!!! This will be my final post for a while until the movie is out. See ya on April 27th.— Issac the King (@IssacFl94852488) April 16, 2019
GUYS THERE’S LEGITIMATE LEAKS OF ENDGAME ONLINE BE FUCKING CAREFUL #AvengersEndgame— Rick (@KickAssTakeNaps) April 16, 2019
Marvel fans hoping to avoid spoilers say they will steer clear of social media in its entirety for the next week and a half. The phone-sized clip has enticed a number of impatient fans to spoil a conclusion 11 years in the making. Considering the shroud of secrecy surrounding the film, it is thought the leak came from someone with clearance to view the footage. The studio even hid the ending from Tom Holland, who plays Spider-Man.
One fan pointed out exactly how fired the leaker likely is. “Someone at Marvel studios (presumably their localization team, judging by the leaked footage) is more fired than any human has ever been fired before,” @Nash076 wrote. The leak, according to BGR, comes with Arabic subtitles.
There's an Avengers: Endgame sizzle reel (shot on a cell phone) making its way around the internet as we speak.— Nash but with like jet boots and stuff (@Nash076) April 16, 2019
Yeah, I saw it. So fired. The Fired Eternal.https://t.co/uhPSEvCYIK
There were, of course, those fans who weren’t concerned about spoilers. They’ve been hunting down the clip and giving their (thankfully spoiler-free) takes on the footage.
I saw the #AvengersEndgame leaks... I don’t mind spoilers so it didn’t bother me at all, pretty good shit— ⚡️Promo⚡️ (@iPromocentral) April 16, 2019
OMG I SAW A SHORT CLIP OF THE LEAK BY ACCIDENT ARE YA'LL KIDDING ME NOOOOOOO #AvengersEndgame— ɴɪᴋɪ⎊ (@sweetjungkookie) April 16, 2019
Guys be careful to avoid spoilers 😭
Unfortunately, we can’t trust everyone on the web to be so polite. If you are hoping to see Endgame in all of its unspoiled glory, you might want to log off to avoid a reaction GIF souring the fun.
- The best Marvel movie memes of 2018
- The most powerful Marvel characters: Heroes, villains, and gods
- MCU movies order: The complete Marvel Cinematic Universe timeline
H/T the Independent
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.