- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) 1 Month Ago
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free 1 Month Ago
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
A chunk of ‘Avengers: Endgame’ just leaked online—and spoilers are everywhere
If you hate spoilers, approach the internet with caution for the next few weeks.
A clip of Disney’s eagerly anticipated movie Avengers: Endgame has leaked online, immediately sending Marvel fans fleeing to the hills. Spoiler-conscious fans are warned to avoid social media as screenshots, GIFs, and posts about the clip continue to circulate timelines. Sites like Twitter and Reddit are already riddled with potential spoilers, and the clips will spread before Endgame’s official release on April 26.
The leak comes less than two weeks before Endgame’s release. Fans have been eagerly awaiting a conclusion to the devastating events that ended Avengers: Infinity War. CNBC reports that the leaked footage is “spoiler heavy.”
Guys we need to get off of Twitter for the next 11 days. Massive leaks for Avengers: Endgame are on this site!!! This will be my final post for a while until the movie is out. See ya on April 27th.
— Issac the King (@IssacFl94852488) April 16, 2019
GUYS THERE’S LEGITIMATE LEAKS OF ENDGAME ONLINE BE FUCKING CAREFUL #AvengersEndgame
— Rick (@KickAssTakeNaps) April 16, 2019
Marvel fans hoping to avoid spoilers say they will steer clear of social media in its entirety for the next week and a half. The phone-sized clip has enticed a number of impatient fans to spoil a conclusion 11 years in the making. Considering the shroud of secrecy surrounding the film, it is thought the leak came from someone with clearance to view the footage. The studio even hid the ending from Tom Holland, who plays Spider-Man.
One fan pointed out exactly how fired the leaker likely is. “Someone at Marvel studios (presumably their localization team, judging by the leaked footage) is more fired than any human has ever been fired before,” @Nash076 wrote. The leak, according to BGR, comes with Arabic subtitles.
There's an Avengers: Endgame sizzle reel (shot on a cell phone) making its way around the internet as we speak.
Yeah, I saw it. So fired. The Fired Eternal.https://t.co/uhPSEvCYIK
— Nash but with like jet boots and stuff (@Nash076) April 16, 2019
There were, of course, those fans who weren’t concerned about spoilers. They’ve been hunting down the clip and giving their (thankfully spoiler-free) takes on the footage.
I saw the #AvengersEndgame leaks… I don’t mind spoilers so it didn’t bother me at all, pretty good shit
— ⚡️Promo⚡️ (@iPromocentral) April 16, 2019
OMG I SAW A SHORT CLIP OF THE LEAK BY ACCIDENT ARE YA'LL KIDDING ME NOOOOOOO #AvengersEndgame
Guys be careful to avoid spoilers 😭
— ɴɪᴋɪ⎊ (@sweetjungkookie) April 16, 2019
Unfortunately, we can’t trust everyone on the web to be so polite. If you are hoping to see Endgame in all of its unspoiled glory, you might want to log off to avoid a reaction GIF souring the fun.
- The best Marvel movie memes of 2018
- The most powerful Marvel characters: Heroes, villains, and gods
- MCU movies order: The complete Marvel Cinematic Universe timeline
H/T the Independent
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.