- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
A chunk of ‘Avengers: Endgame’ just leaked online—and spoilers are everywhere
If you hate spoilers, approach the internet with caution for the next few weeks.
A clip of Disney’s eagerly anticipated movie Avengers: Endgame has leaked online, immediately sending Marvel fans fleeing to the hills. Spoiler-conscious fans are warned to avoid social media as screenshots, GIFs, and posts about the clip continue to circulate timelines. Sites like Twitter and Reddit are already riddled with potential spoilers, and the clips will spread before Endgame’s official release on April 26.
The leak comes less than two weeks before Endgame’s release. Fans have been eagerly awaiting a conclusion to the devastating events that ended Avengers: Infinity War. CNBC reports that the leaked footage is “spoiler heavy.”
Guys we need to get off of Twitter for the next 11 days. Massive leaks for Avengers: Endgame are on this site!!! This will be my final post for a while until the movie is out. See ya on April 27th.— Issac the King (@IssacFl94852488) April 16, 2019
GUYS THERE’S LEGITIMATE LEAKS OF ENDGAME ONLINE BE FUCKING CAREFUL #AvengersEndgame— Rick (@KickAssTakeNaps) April 16, 2019
Marvel fans hoping to avoid spoilers say they will steer clear of social media in its entirety for the next week and a half. The phone-sized clip has enticed a number of impatient fans to spoil a conclusion 11 years in the making. Considering the shroud of secrecy surrounding the film, it is thought the leak came from someone with clearance to view the footage. The studio even hid the ending from Tom Holland, who plays Spider-Man.
One fan pointed out exactly how fired the leaker likely is. “Someone at Marvel studios (presumably their localization team, judging by the leaked footage) is more fired than any human has ever been fired before,” @Nash076 wrote. The leak, according to BGR, comes with Arabic subtitles.
There's an Avengers: Endgame sizzle reel (shot on a cell phone) making its way around the internet as we speak.— Nash but with like jet boots and stuff (@Nash076) April 16, 2019
Yeah, I saw it. So fired. The Fired Eternal.https://t.co/uhPSEvCYIK
There were, of course, those fans who weren’t concerned about spoilers. They’ve been hunting down the clip and giving their (thankfully spoiler-free) takes on the footage.
I saw the #AvengersEndgame leaks... I don’t mind spoilers so it didn’t bother me at all, pretty good shit— ⚡️Promo⚡️ (@iPromocentral) April 16, 2019
OMG I SAW A SHORT CLIP OF THE LEAK BY ACCIDENT ARE YA'LL KIDDING ME NOOOOOOO #AvengersEndgame— ɴɪᴋɪ⎊ saw FFH 3x🕸 (@sweetjungkookie) April 16, 2019
Guys be careful to avoid spoilers 😭
Unfortunately, we can’t trust everyone on the web to be so polite. If you are hoping to see Endgame in all of its unspoiled glory, you might want to log off to avoid a reaction GIF souring the fun.
- The best Marvel movie memes of 2018
- The most powerful Marvel characters: Heroes, villains, and gods
- MCU movies order: The complete Marvel Cinematic Universe timeline
H/T the Independent
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.