- Tweets from Sanders supporters are terrifying the establishment 6 Years Ago
- Zuckerberg says he supports 1 bill in Congress that would regulate Facebook 6 Years Ago
- Uncanny ‘Back to the Future’ deepfake transports Tom Holland and Robert Downey, Jr. to 1985 6 Years Ago
- Everyone is doing the Renegade. Including the teen who started it 6 Years Ago
- Reality Winner is asking for clemency—will she get it? Today 7:59 AM
- There’s a Baby Yoda mod for ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’ Today 7:38 AM
- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
Rob Ford closes out January with a jaywalking ticket
Of course, Ford’s wild night was documented spectaculary on Instagram.
Embattled Toronto mayor Rob Ford, lover of crack cocaine and tickles, ended an already wild month with a bang and a jaywalking ticket. Ford was in Vancouver for the funeral of the mother of his former staffer, David Price, and hit a bar called the Foggy Dew afterward.
The place was packed. Phones came out, and #robford selfies began to hit social media. “When you’re at the bar and #robford shows up #foggydew #legit #drinking #party #epic #epic #fun #party #vancity,” one patron wrote on Instagram. Another: “Best mayor ever.. just going off in the club #ROBFORD.”
Ford eventually lost sight of the crosswalk, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police ticketed the pride of Toronto for jaywalking.
Speaking to the Toronto Sun, Ford denied Twitter rumors that he was cited for public intoxication as well. All he’d had to drink was a Diet Coke, he said. It doesn’t hurt that he really does look like this when he’s sober:
A photo of Rob Ford tonight, during the time he was reportedly being ticketed for jaywalking and public intoxication. pic.twitter.com/Q7yTo76SPE
— Justin McElroy (@j_mcelroy) February 1, 2014
Definitely just partied with Rob Ford hahah pic.twitter.com/8xahEDRH9j
— Cherissa Kittmer (@CherissaKittmer) February 1, 2014
Here’s what an Instagram search for #robford brings up:
Big month for Ford. As the Wire notes:
He announced his run for re-election (despite…well, everything), was filmed drunkenly swearing in a Jamaican brogue at a fast food restaurant in Toronto, and got stuck in an elevator while running an hour late to a speech. As it’s well-known, 2013 wasn’t so great either.
Hey, when drunk fans flock to take selfies with you, your reelection chances aren’t totally dead.
Photo via Joseph Morris/Flickr
A former assigning editor for the Daily Dot, Cooper Fleishman's work focused on the web culture and niche internet communities. He joined Mic as a senior editor in 2015. His work has been published by HyperVocal and the Good Men Project, and he previously copyedited for Rolling Stone, Men's Journal, and Us Weekly.