- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Today 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Today 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Today 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Today 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Today 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Today 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Today 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Today 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Today 11:55 AM
- How a woman’s cold ‘rejection form’ text message became an ’emotional labor’ meme Today 11:52 AM
- How to watch Texas vs. Georgetown in the 2K Empire classic Today 11:40 AM
- Apple cancels premiere of original film ‘The Banker’ amid sexual abuse allegations Today 11:25 AM
- Congress passes bill to safeguard Hong Kong, protesters Today 11:15 AM
- Conquer Black Friday and Cyber Monday, whether you’re shopping online or IRL Today 10:40 AM
- #DeadUploadDay: YouTubers fight new rules for monetizing kids videos Today 10:39 AM
The company announced Monday that Trump is banned from using its services, indefinitely, in a press release.
Brandon Wade, “CEO of the world’s largest sugar daddy dating site,” wrote that the decision was made on the grounds that both he and SeekingArrangement do not view Trump as a “real sugar daddy.”
SeekingArrangement is a service used to “facilitate open and honest relationships for its 20 million members worldwide.” The two parties typically involved in these relationships are young women and older, well-off men. Despite the release noting that Trump’s net worth recently surpassed $3 billion, the president’s financial status doesn’t seem to be what disqualifies him from sugar daddy status.
“Trump, we’re not sure whose America you want to make great again, but it isn’t ours. There is no room for men like you on our site,” Wade wrote in the statement. “I want men on our site who are truly successful in business and in life, and who have an overall appreciation and respect for women.”
To add insult to injury, SeekingArrangement has also extended a lifetime premium membership to First Lady Melania Trump for “when she decides to upgrade to a real sugar daddy who will appreciate her while also maintaining her expensive lifestyle.”
This is not the first time SeekingArrangement has sought to make a big publicity move. The website also offered both Jeff and Mackenzie Bezos a lifetime membership after the couple split up in April.
This move also comes shortly after Wade revealed his plans to set up “Fight Against Poverty,” a charity to help those affected by new anti-abortion laws in Republican states. The charity is set to help pay for women and their families to travel to neighboring states if they need to get an abortion but can’t afford to fund it themselves.
- Before you start sugar dating, read these site reviews
- Trump kicks chief of staff out of Oval Office for coughing during interview
- Trump thinks Melania is the next Jackie O—and people can’t stand it
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.