- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
The exchange was captured during an interview the president did with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos.
During the interview, Stephanopoulos was asking the president about his finances, and during Trump’s answer it appears Mulvaney coughed.
That prompted a clearly agitated Trump to tell his acting chief of staff to leave the room.
“Let’s do that over, he’s coughing in the middle of my answer,” the president said, adding: “I don’t like that, you know, I don’t like that… If you’re going to cough, please leave the room. You just can’t–you just can’t cough.”
Trump then shook his head and muttered “boy, oh boy.”
Pres. Trump says he “might” turn over his “financial statement” to Congress.— ABC News (@ABC) June 17, 2019
“I hope they get it, because it’s a fantastic financial statement,” he tells @GStephanopoulos in the Oval Office. https://t.co/8q0FwFD9qt pic.twitter.com/fw1tIc0vxO
Trump immediately asks if the answer can be re-shot, perhaps worried about the optics and sound, given his background in reality TV. The camera crew replies that they’ll re-shoot the answer from a different angle.
However, the president is also reportedly a germaphobe, so perhaps he simply didn’t want Mulvaney coughing in the same room as him.
- #JohnMcCainDay is the new way to troll Trump on his birthday
- Donald Trump thinks Melania is the next Jackie O—and people can’t stand it
- Of all the 2020 candidates, Eric Swalwell tweets the most about Donald Trump
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).