- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
Trump kicks chief of staff out of Oval Office for coughing during interview
Trump clearly wasn’t thrilled with his chief of staff coughing.
The exchange was captured during an interview the president did with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos.
During the interview, Stephanopoulos was asking the president about his finances, and during Trump’s answer it appears Mulvaney coughed.
That prompted a clearly agitated Trump to tell his acting chief of staff to leave the room.
“Let’s do that over, he’s coughing in the middle of my answer,” the president said, adding: “I don’t like that, you know, I don’t like that… If you’re going to cough, please leave the room. You just can’t–you just can’t cough.”
Trump then shook his head and muttered “boy, oh boy.”
Pres. Trump says he “might” turn over his “financial statement” to Congress.— ABC News (@ABC) June 17, 2019
“I hope they get it, because it’s a fantastic financial statement,” he tells @GStephanopoulos in the Oval Office. https://t.co/8q0FwFD9qt pic.twitter.com/fw1tIc0vxO
Trump immediately asks if the answer can be re-shot, perhaps worried about the optics and sound, given his background in reality TV. The camera crew replies that they’ll re-shoot the answer from a different angle.
However, the president is also reportedly a germaphobe, so perhaps he simply didn’t want Mulvaney coughing in the same room as him.
- #JohnMcCainDay is the new way to troll Trump on his birthday
- Donald Trump thinks Melania is the next Jackie O—and people can’t stand it
- Of all the 2020 candidates, Eric Swalwell tweets the most about Donald Trump
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).