- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old 2 Years Ago
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing 2 Years Ago
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Today 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Today 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Today 2:33 PM
- The ‘your music saved me’ meme celebrates the wackiest influences of our time Today 2:20 PM
- This guy slapped his mom’s boobs for a TikTok and, honestly, it’s exhausting Today 12:37 PM
- Jif peanut butter and Giphy have joined forces on how to pronounce ‘GIF’ Today 12:19 PM
- This dad threw a 1-year HRT party for his trans son and the internet can’t get enough of it Today 11:44 AM
- This petition wants Pornhub to be shut down for good Today 11:03 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s speech voice is suspiciously like Obama’s Today 10:56 AM
- Exposé about Bernie staffer’s Twitter leads to his firing—and an online class war Today 10:40 AM
- Netflix adds Top 10 feature to showcase what’s popular Today 10:24 AM
- YouTube permanently bans ‘news’ channel that said impeachment was ‘Jew coup’ Today 10:21 AM
- FIFA pro banned from all EA games following threatening rant Today 10:16 AM
According to a new Washington Post report, Trump calls him “Mr. Magoo.”
Behind the scenes, Trump has derisively referred to Sessions as “Mr. Magoo,” a cartoon character who is elderly, myopic and bumbling, according to people with whom he has spoken.
The nickname is a snippet in a longer piece about how Special Counsel Robert Mueller is probing Trump’s attempts to get Sessions to resign last summer, but that’s not important. What is is this example of how out-of-touch the 71-year-old president is.
Not only is Mr. Magoo a cartoon character invented in the 1940s and eons removed from national relevance, the accepted and preferred nickname for Sessions is the Keebler Elf.
It’s just another example of Trump bucking established norms and enraging the left.
How is Mr. Magoo Trump's Sessions nickname when he's a dead ringer for the Keebler Elf?— Karen DaltonBeninato (@kbeninato) March 1, 2018
It's like his nicknamer is broken, and he'll need it in prison! pic.twitter.com/s9ZXBVhixu
Trump is now calling Jeff Sessions "Mr. Magoo"?!— TrumpsTaxes (@TrumpsTaxes) March 1, 2018
It's been well established that Sessions is the Keebler Elf. pic.twitter.com/tHyML9OdII
@realDonaldTrump Once again you show how dumb you are. Sessions isn’t Mr. Magoo, he’s the Keebler elf.— Randy Cox (@ScaredofTrump10) March 1, 2018
The Post reports the attempts to fire Sessions could be another way in which the president is charged with obstruction of justice in the special counsel’s investigation into possible collusion with the Russian government.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]