- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
Man throws chair at judge after hearing sentence
The judge didn’t even flinch.
Tempers can often flare in courtrooms, especially if one party isn’t happy with a result. One Dutch judge had a problem after sentencing a man who had been accused of killing three people.
One of the people in the public audience was the father of a 2-year-old girl, who, along with her grandparents, died in a car crash when the accused was traveling far above the speed limit.
The judge sentenced the accused to 120 hours community service. After the verdict, the aggrieved father threw a chair at the judge, who didn’t seem to even flinch. As a result, the man was taken out of the room by court security.
According to discussions about the video, Dutch sentences are focused on rehabilitation and, as a result, are less punishing than those in countries like the U.S.
That prospect, however, didn’t seem to please the young girl’s father.
Photo via Phil Roeder/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Ned Donovan is a politics and entertainment journalist who's done stints with GQ, Wired, and the Daily Mail. His bylines have also appeared in the Week, the Telegraph, BuzzFeed, History Today, and elsewhere.