- This new video game apparently lets you play Jesus 5 Years Ago
- Golden toilet creator sells world’s most expensive banana—only for another artist to eat it 5 Years Ago
- This new Chinese video game lets players attack Hong Kong protesters Today 3:05 PM
- These TikTok videos that recreate NPC interactions from Skyrim are honestly incredible Today 2:40 PM
- John Legend defends pro-consent ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ lyrics Today 2:38 PM
- Video shows UC Berkeley student using racial slurs, making homophobic comments Today 2:36 PM
- New video reveals Brother Nature instigated sandwich shop fight Today 2:06 PM
- Lizzo’s thong dress breaks the internet Today 1:25 PM
- Pixel Buds 2 or Apple AirPods 2: Which are right for you? Today 1:09 PM
- It’s 2019: Make your holiday cards online, for free this year Today 12:47 PM
- Fighting over the ‘Marriage Story’ fight scene becomes a meme Today 12:41 PM
- ‘Trump is innocent!’: InfoWars correspondent interrupts impeachment hearing Today 12:12 PM
- Video shows runner smacking reporter’s butt on live TV Today 11:46 AM
- 27 senators call on Trump to fire Stephen Miller Today 11:13 AM
- Conservatives are fighting over whether porn is OK Today 10:39 AM
Man throws chair at judge after hearing sentence
The judge didn’t even flinch.
Tempers can often flare in courtrooms, especially if one party isn’t happy with a result. One Dutch judge had a problem after sentencing a man who had been accused of killing three people.
One of the people in the public audience was the father of a 2-year-old girl, who, along with her grandparents, died in a car crash when the accused was traveling far above the speed limit.
The judge sentenced the accused to 120 hours community service. After the verdict, the aggrieved father threw a chair at the judge, who didn’t seem to even flinch. As a result, the man was taken out of the room by court security.
According to discussions about the video, Dutch sentences are focused on rehabilitation and, as a result, are less punishing than those in countries like the U.S.
That prospect, however, didn’t seem to please the young girl’s father.
Photo via Phil Roeder/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Ned Donovan is a politics and entertainment journalist who's done stints with GQ, Wired, and the Daily Mail. His bylines have also appeared in the Week, the Telegraph, BuzzFeed, History Today, and elsewhere.