- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth 1 Year Ago
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups 1 Year Ago
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Today 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Today 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Today 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Today 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Today 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov Today 7:30 AM
Childish Gambino’s “This Is America” continues to reverberate around the internet with its startling video that highlights the country’s problems with gun violence and police brutality. Now, it’s been combined with another enormously popular online trend to create a parody that, although it isn’t adding to the important discussion Childish Gambino wants to have, people are still loving.
The result is a video called “This Is Fortnite,” and no matter what you think about parodies of Childish Gambino’s original piece, the Fortnite video’s accuracy is impressive (especially when it comes to Donald Glover’s dancing and how the camera pans from scene to scene).
The video has clearly resonated with fans of Childish Gambino and Fortnite (or both). WiziBlimp has slightly more than 1,000 YouTube subscribers, and as of this writing, the video had more than 135,000 views.
According to WiziBlimp, it took about five days of shooting to create the content, and according to most of the YouTube commenters, it was well worth the effort. As one commenter noted, “I thought this was good until I played this and the [original] video side by side, and realized it’s beyond good. The attention to detail with every dance move and camera angles is amazing. Well done.”
Even the Fortnite community on Reddit was impressed. Wrote one redditor:“I’m absolutely blown away at how closely (within realm of possibility) that you followed the original video. Just the effort put forth into replicating every aspect as closely as you did is astonishing. Not disappointed I watched this at all.”
It’s hard to argue with that.
- How to download your favorite YouTube videos
- Is YouTube TV really worth the cost?
- I paid $7 for Jake Paul to teach me how to be a social media influencer
- This is what happened when a woman tried to trick her Uber driver into a free ride
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.