- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ 1 Year Ago
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Today 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Today 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Jets in NFL Week 6 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. 49ers in NFL Week 6 action Saturday 3:05 PM
- Kamala Harris’ ‘lover’ says Jacob Wohl hired him off Craigslist Saturday 2:03 PM
- Korean hair salon dragged for turning straight hair into Afro-textured hair Saturday 1:00 PM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Texans in NFL Week 6 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Browns in Week 6 NFL action Saturday 12:00 PM
Childish Gambino’s “This Is America” continues to reverberate around the internet with its startling video that highlights the country’s problems with gun violence and police brutality. Now, it’s been combined with another enormously popular online trend to create a parody that, although it isn’t adding to the important discussion Childish Gambino wants to have, people are still loving.
The result is a video called “This Is Fortnite,” and no matter what you think about parodies of Childish Gambino’s original piece, the Fortnite video’s accuracy is impressive (especially when it comes to Donald Glover’s dancing and how the camera pans from scene to scene).
The video has clearly resonated with fans of Childish Gambino and Fortnite (or both). WiziBlimp has slightly more than 1,000 YouTube subscribers, and as of this writing, the video had more than 135,000 views.
According to WiziBlimp, it took about five days of shooting to create the content, and according to most of the YouTube commenters, it was well worth the effort. As one commenter noted, “I thought this was good until I played this and the [original] video side by side, and realized it’s beyond good. The attention to detail with every dance move and camera angles is amazing. Well done.”
Even the Fortnite community on Reddit was impressed. Wrote one redditor:“I’m absolutely blown away at how closely (within realm of possibility) that you followed the original video. Just the effort put forth into replicating every aspect as closely as you did is astonishing. Not disappointed I watched this at all.”
It’s hard to argue with that.
- How to download your favorite YouTube videos
- Is YouTube TV really worth the cost?
- I paid $7 for Jake Paul to teach me how to be a social media influencer
- This is what happened when a woman tried to trick her Uber driver into a free ride
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.