- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
|HOW TO WATCH OUTLANDER WITHOUT CABLE|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
|AT&T TV NOW||TRY NOW|
Outlander is back for season 4, but there’s just one catch: To watch online, you’ll need Starz. So what is a fan of time travel-centered period pieces too do? If you’ve already cut ties with your expensive cable company, fear not. There are plenty of ways to stream Outlander online. If you’re mindful and careful about canceling, you can even do it for free. Put down your sword and start taking notes. Here’s how to watch Outlander online for free, even if it’s just for a few days, and the best ways to subscribe to Starz.
How to watch Outlander online for free
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $30-$45 per month for Sling TV ($10 off first month) | $9 per month for Starz
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Samsung, LG, AirTV Player, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
No service has pivoted to meet the needs of users who were sick of pointlessly massive cable packages than Sling TV. Offering users a selection of a la carte channel packages, Sling TV sets out to only charge you for the channels you want to watch. That includes add-on premium movie channels like Starz as well. For just $9 per month, Sling TV users can watch Starz content, including its hit series like Power and, yes, Outlander. New users get a seven-day free trial, so if you’re looking to binge the whole season, you’ll have a short window. If you’re curious about what else Sling TV has to offer, you can find a complete list of its Sling TV channels here.
- Cost: $8.99 per month or $74.99 per year
- Devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Samsung, LG, Sony, and iOS and Android devices
Sick of the middlemen? Watch Outlander your own way by subscribing directly to Starz and watching on its app. New subscribers get a free seven-day trial to see if they like the service, which is plenty of time to binge watch if you take time off. Beyond Outlander subscribers, gain access to thousands of incredible movies, including some of today’s hottest Hollywood blockbusters and the best selection of classics on a premium channel. (Here’s our guide to the best 2018 movies on Starz.)
- Cost: $119.99 per year for Prime | $8.99 per month for Starz
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Switch
Amazon Prime Video has set itself apart from other streaming services by working hard to make sure you never need to leave its app. From Starz to Shudder to HBO, Amazon Prime offers extra streaming channels within its Amazon Prime Video app. Best of all, these services come with a short trial window that allows you to try any channel for free. This means Outlander fans can binge watch new episodes during their trial and cancel before it ends. Of course, Starz only costs $8.99 per month on Amazon. That’s a good deal worth considering. (Here are our picks for the best Amazon Prime channels.)
4) Hulu and Hulu with Live TV
- Cost: $5.99 per month for Hulu or $11.99 per month for Hulu with limited commercials
- $54.99 per month for Hulu with Live TV or $60.99 per month no Ads| $8.99 per month for Starz
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, Samsung, TV, Echo Show, LG TV, Vizio Smartcast TV, and iOS and Android devices
Hulu offers a staggering amount of freedom when it comes to picking the package that’s right for you. Its basic service includes ad-supported (and, for $4 more per month, commercial-free) streaming of new TV shows and movies, while its Hulu with Live TV service adds streaming TV to the equation. It’s the best of both worlds. No matter which meets your needs, Hulu is one of the best places to watch Starz online because of the free preview. New Starz subscribers on Hulu get a full month trial before they’re charged. Heck, that’s almost enough time to catch up on Outlander and Power.
5) AT&T TV Now
- Cost: $60-$135 per month
- Hulu devices:Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Samsung Smart TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
There’s a good chance that you’re already looking to AT&T for your wireless needs. The second you sign up you’ll gain instant access to 45+ channels, including local channels and even free HBO on PLUS and MAX channel suites. Plus, it comes with CloudDVR which lets you record up to 20 hours of TV per month. One account works on two devices, but you can add more devices for only $5.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
- PS Vue is a strong contender in the streaming wars
- Is YouTube TV really worth the cost?
- How to make the most of your Netflix subscription
- How does Hulu work—and how much does it cost?
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.