- Devin Nunes’ lawsuit with Twitter over parody accounts inspires more parody accounts Tuesday 7:53 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez posts SpongeBob meme to diss Green New Deal adversaries Tuesday 7:23 PM
- Twitter blasts Benny Johnson over heinous Native American ‘socialist’ reservations take Tuesday 6:16 PM
- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting Tuesday 4:44 PM
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness Tuesday 4:30 PM
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath Tuesday 4:15 PM
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Tuesday 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Tuesday 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Tuesday 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Tuesday 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Tuesday 12:22 PM
Tristan Thompson roasted for lovey-dovey Instagram comment to Khloe Kardashian
It’s safe to say Tristan Thompson has a lot more damage control to do after his latest infidelity scandal.
The NBA player has been working on cleaning up his image after new footage of him cheating on girlfriend Khloe Kardashian leaked just days before she gave birth to their daughter. True, in April. His social posts have been especially family oriented during the basketball offseason, with heart emoji captions, baby pics, and jewelry dedicated to his kids. But he still has a long road ahead of him if he’s hoping to get back into the Kardashian fandom’s good graces, apparently.
Exhibit A? An Instagram pic Khloe shared Tuesday afternoon. Kardashian posted a snap of a Pinterest-y looking beach, and included the caption, “Take me please.”
Thompson replied in the comments with a simple, “Where do you wanna go my love?”—but that show of affection was too much for eagle-eyed Kardashian fans.
Thompson got reamed in the comments by hundreds of users suggesting he take her to tropical destinations like “fidelity island,” “commitment cove,” and “st. loyalty.”
And the roasting didn’t stop at Khloe’s comments. Gossip sites like the Shade Room picked up on the mess and inspired comment threads of their own making fun of his romantic gesture.
While the celebrity couple is clearly trying to work things out in real life, E!’s televised version of their lives hasn’t caught up to the drama yet. So for fans observing this relationship roller coaster via tabloids and social media, Thompson’s lovey-dovey commenting comes off as smarmy. While there’s still been no public apology from the athlete, he’s certainly still doling out plenty of public affection.
For Kardashian’s part, though, she’s apparently still open to seeing where the relationship takes her.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.