- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
Tristan Thompson roasted for lovey-dovey Instagram comment to Khloe Kardashian
It’s safe to say Tristan Thompson has a lot more damage control to do after his latest infidelity scandal.
The NBA player has been working on cleaning up his image after new footage of him cheating on girlfriend Khloe Kardashian leaked just days before she gave birth to their daughter. True, in April. His social posts have been especially family oriented during the basketball offseason, with heart emoji captions, baby pics, and jewelry dedicated to his kids. But he still has a long road ahead of him if he’s hoping to get back into the Kardashian fandom’s good graces, apparently.
Exhibit A? An Instagram pic Khloe shared Tuesday afternoon. Kardashian posted a snap of a Pinterest-y looking beach, and included the caption, “Take me please.”
Thompson replied in the comments with a simple, “Where do you wanna go my love?”—but that show of affection was too much for eagle-eyed Kardashian fans.
Thompson got reamed in the comments by hundreds of users suggesting he take her to tropical destinations like “fidelity island,” “commitment cove,” and “st. loyalty.”
And the roasting didn’t stop at Khloe’s comments. Gossip sites like the Shade Room picked up on the mess and inspired comment threads of their own making fun of his romantic gesture.
While the celebrity couple is clearly trying to work things out in real life, E!’s televised version of their lives hasn’t caught up to the drama yet. So for fans observing this relationship roller coaster via tabloids and social media, Thompson’s lovey-dovey commenting comes off as smarmy. While there’s still been no public apology from the athlete, he’s certainly still doling out plenty of public affection.
For Kardashian’s part, though, she’s apparently still open to seeing where the relationship takes her.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.