- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Today 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Today 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
The performance comes after the Foo Fighters made a plea for Liam and Noel Gallagher to stop bickering and to get back together at Reading, Leeds’ sister festival. The Gallagher brothers’ degenerating relationship in Oasis ended with Noel stating his departure in August 2009, following yet another backstage altercation with Liam. The rest of the group, led by Liam, continued as Beady Eye until they broke up 2014. The Gallagher brothers have intermittently squashed their beef, though the goodwill rarely lasts long.
Twenty One Pilots had already covered the song on Saturday during their Reading set. Malone, perpetually enthusiastic about pandering to fans with easy pop, linked up with lead singer Tyler Joseph for an unusually sensitive rendition. Getting people to sing along to Oasis tracks, almost anywhere in the world, is an effortless play. Posty, however, manages to make it feel somewhat authentic.
There’s been no word on Liam and Noel Gallagher’s inevitable and impending reaction.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.