- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Donald Trump posted a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
- ‘Jailbirds’ prioritizes petty drama over insight Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to live stream Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk on DAZN Saturday 6:00 AM
- Kim Kardashian West reveals her and Kanye’s 4th child is named Psalm Friday 6:38 PM
- Tan France and Alexa Chung are hosting Netflix’s first fashion show Friday 5:42 PM
- Nonprofit groups express concern with pop-up abortion networks Friday 5:06 PM
- Pet owners mourn Grumpy Cat with photos of their own grumpy pets Friday 4:41 PM
Police charged Nicholas Perkins, 32, with charges including illegal possession of a tiger, mistreatment of a tiger, and possession of anabolic steroids.
Paul, a YouTuber with more than 18 million subscribers who’s no stranger to controversy, posted a video in October 2017 titled “KONG MEETS A BABY TIGER! **Showdown**.” The video centers around Paul taking his Pomeranian dog, Kong, to meet the tiger cub for the first time.
“Kong has never met a tiger and we want Kong to meet the tiger,” Paul says to the camera while he drives to Perkins’ house. “It’s a baby tiger, how big can it be?”
When Kong finally meets the tiger cub, the two play around just like dogs would. The tiger cub makes growling noises that Paul says sound like “dinosaur noises.” The video has over 8 million views.
An anonymous tip to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife helped officials track down Perkins, according to BuzzFeed News. Authorities told BuzzFeed News there was “extensive evidence of the animal’s poor living conditions and the presence of anabolic steroids” on the property.
The tiger cub now resides in a sanctuary and has made a full recovery.
“Tigers and other exotic animals are not pets,” Los Angeles City Attorney Mike Feuer said Wednesday. “Keeping these potentially dangerous animals in a residential setting poses a serious safety risk for residents and animals alike.”
- Despite his YouTube controversies, Logan Paul made a ton of money this year
- Is Logan Paul seriously a flat-earther?
- YouTuber gets dissed by Logan Paul—and memed—for gazing at California wildfire smoke
H/T BuzzFeed News
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.