- Woman with Tumblr page devoted to Dylann Roof arrested for plotting terrorism 5 Days Ago
- How much money do you need to book Beyoncé for your wedding? Monday 8:00 PM
- Twitter is stoked about Netflix’s Fyre Fest documentary Monday 7:37 PM
- Jacquees launches Twitter debate after calling himself ‘King of R&B’ Monday 6:52 PM
- Watch a British politician steal a ceremonial mace to halt Brexit proceedings Monday 6:07 PM
- Dog waits for weeks by his family’s burned house after California wildfire Monday 5:45 PM
- Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes suspended from YouTube Monday 3:46 PM
- The best sex toys for couples to heat up the holidays Monday 3:35 PM
- Chrissy Teigen shares tattoo her dad got of her face for her birthday Monday 3:31 PM
- Kavanaugh votes against hearing Planned Parenthood defunding case Monday 3:14 PM
- YouTube’s 2018 Rewind video is one of the most-hated videos of all time Monday 12:37 PM
- Roger the buff kangaroo has died at the age of 12 Monday 12:34 PM
- Elon Musk says no one is censoring his tweets Monday 12:22 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for heist movie starring Ben Affleck and Oscar Isaac Monday 12:18 PM
- Offset tweeted about missing Cardi B—and the internet isn’t having it Monday 12:17 PM
Police charged Nicholas Perkins, 32, with charges including illegal possession of a tiger, mistreatment of a tiger, and possession of anabolic steroids.
Paul, a YouTuber with more than 18 million subscribers who’s no stranger to controversy, posted a video in October 2017 titled “KONG MEETS A BABY TIGER! **Showdown**.” The video centers around Paul taking his Pomeranian dog, Kong, to meet the tiger cub for the first time.
“Kong has never met a tiger and we want Kong to meet the tiger,” Paul says to the camera while he drives to Perkins’ house. “It’s a baby tiger, how big can it be?”
When Kong finally meets the tiger cub, the two play around just like dogs would. The tiger cub makes growling noises that Paul says sound like “dinosaur noises.” The video has over 8 million views.
An anonymous tip to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife helped officials track down Perkins, according to BuzzFeed News. Authorities told BuzzFeed News there was “extensive evidence of the animal’s poor living conditions and the presence of anabolic steroids” on the property.
The tiger cub now resides in a sanctuary and has made a full recovery.
“Tigers and other exotic animals are not pets,” Los Angeles City Attorney Mike Feuer said Wednesday. “Keeping these potentially dangerous animals in a residential setting poses a serious safety risk for residents and animals alike.”
- Despite his YouTube controversies, Logan Paul made a ton of money this year
- Is Logan Paul seriously a flat-earther?
- YouTuber gets dissed by Logan Paul—and memed—for gazing at California wildfire smoke
H/T BuzzFeed News
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.