- Black couple says they were accused of stealing during marriage proposal Tuesday 6:57 PM
- How to live stream Robert Mueller’s testimony Tuesday 6:00 PM
- ‘MAGA Bomber’ believed that antifa was trying to murder Papa John’s employees Tuesday 5:23 PM
- Forever 21 under fire for sending Atkins diet bars with online orders Tuesday 4:56 PM
- Apple denies boosting its own apps in App Store Tuesday 4:25 PM
- The new Overwatch hero is a naked foot enthusiast, apparently Tuesday 4:19 PM
- Bella Thorne comes out as pansexual Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Macy’s pulls portion-control plates after social media uproar Tuesday 2:59 PM
- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo Tuesday 2:14 PM
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram Tuesday 2:10 PM
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE Tuesday 1:57 PM
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Tuesday 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Tuesday 12:41 PM
- It’s too late to book a room for the Area 51 raid Tuesday 12:28 PM
Police charged Nicholas Perkins, 32, with charges including illegal possession of a tiger, mistreatment of a tiger, and possession of anabolic steroids.
Paul, a YouTuber with more than 18 million subscribers who’s no stranger to controversy, posted a video in October 2017 titled “KONG MEETS A BABY TIGER! **Showdown**.” The video centers around Paul taking his Pomeranian dog, Kong, to meet the tiger cub for the first time.
“Kong has never met a tiger and we want Kong to meet the tiger,” Paul says to the camera while he drives to Perkins’ house. “It’s a baby tiger, how big can it be?”
When Kong finally meets the tiger cub, the two play around just like dogs would. The tiger cub makes growling noises that Paul says sound like “dinosaur noises.” The video has over 8 million views.
An anonymous tip to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife helped officials track down Perkins, according to BuzzFeed News. Authorities told BuzzFeed News there was “extensive evidence of the animal’s poor living conditions and the presence of anabolic steroids” on the property.
The tiger cub now resides in a sanctuary and has made a full recovery.
“Tigers and other exotic animals are not pets,” Los Angeles City Attorney Mike Feuer said Wednesday. “Keeping these potentially dangerous animals in a residential setting poses a serious safety risk for residents and animals alike.”
- Despite his YouTube controversies, Logan Paul made a ton of money this year
- Is Logan Paul seriously a flat-earther?
- YouTuber gets dissed by Logan Paul—and memed—for gazing at California wildfire smoke
H/T BuzzFeed News
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.