- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion 1 Week Ago
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature 1 Week Ago
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank 1 Week Ago
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Today 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Today 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Today 10:21 AM
- 10 Korean skincare brands that are worth your money Today 10:00 AM
- 20 unique Mother’s Day gifts for the cool moms Today 9:45 AM
- Ancestry.com ad tries to sell slavery as romance—not rape Today 9:44 AM
- The 9 best Satanic movies on Shudder Today 9:22 AM
- Twitch streamer banned after accidentally revealing racist chats Today 9:21 AM
- This video captures 15 years of meme trends in 10 minutes Today 8:57 AM
- Trump calls parts of Mueller Report ‘total bullshit’ in unfinished tweetstorm Today 8:24 AM
- Amid ‘Avengers’ hype, ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ bumps up release date Today 7:57 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Someone Great’ is a coming-of-age rom-com for twenty-somethings Today 7:03 AM
Logan Paul’s dog was killed by a coyote—and even his biggest rival feels bad
The internet loved the viral Pomeranian.
Logan Paul’s beloved dog died last weekend, and while much of the internet mourned his loss, one message of sympathy really stood out to the YouTube star. When KSI, Paul’s biggest online rival and his former (and potentially future) boxing opponent, found out that Kong had been killed by coyotes, he sent Paul a message of solidarity.
It made its mark on Paul.
On Paul’s Impaulsive podcast, co-host Spencer Taylor said, “Even your worst enemy came to the table with some class. I was impressed by that. What did you think about?” Paul said, “It was dope, to be honest. I don’t like the kid but it was dope, respectful. … Our pets can bring us together and that’s a fact.”
This is what Paul posted on Instagram last weekend to inform the public about the news of his Pomeranian.
View this post on Instagram
well. rest in peace you little inbred. you little golden puffle poof. your tongue will forever be long & bountiful … my son @kongdasavage was taken by a coyote last night from our front yard. despite his savagery, he didn’t stand a chance. fuck. i’ll miss his mindless, empty stares. his incessant 7am barking. his urine stains on my chestnut floors. you’ve made your dent in this universe and i wouldn’t have expected you to go any other way… love you @kongdasavage god damnit. im coming for you yotes heed my words.
A post shared by Logan Paul (@loganpaul) on
Wrote Paul, “My son @kongdasavage was taken by a coyote last night from our front yard. despite his savagery, he didn’t stand a chance. fuck. i’ll miss his mindless, empty stares. his incessant 7am barking. his urine stains on my chestnut floors. you’ve made your dent in this universe and i wouldn’t have expected you to go any other way… love you @kongdasavage god damnit.”
Paul also posted a video that showed footage of the coyotes stalking Kong and paid tribute to him with all the fun they had.
This was how KSI—who fought Paul to a draw last summer—responded on Twitter.
@LoganPaul sorry to hear about Kong bro
— KSI (@KSIOlajidebt) April 6, 2019
respect. thank you man
— Logan Paul (@LoganPaul) April 6, 2019
The duo’s relationship up to this point has been contentious.
In the leadup to their first fight, the two were nasty to each other. KSI tried to physically attack Paul at their initial press conference, and at a second meeting, Paul left the stage after KSI ripped Paul’s dad and his ex-girlfriend. Paul blasted KSI for sexually objectifying women in the past, and KSI said Paul had ruined people’s lives with his online antics.
KSI has pushed their boxing rematch to this November, but it’s unclear if the duo will actually meet again in the ring. If not, that’s probably OK. If their rivalry ends because of a single sympathetic tweet, that wouldn’t be the worst resolution in the world for these two YouTube behemoths.
- Logan Paul says he has brain damage that affects his empathy
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’
- KSI says he won’t fight Logan Paul in a rematch until November (updated)
- Twitch star uses record-breaking live stream to pop the question
For a year-round sports fix, sign up here to receive our weekly boxing newsletter. You’ll hear about all the biggest fights and best knockouts from the Daily Dot’s streaming sports guru Josh Katzowitz.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.